Chinese Weddings

make up artist for Chinese

Do you know any of you know a make up artist who has experience with Asian faces in Columbus Ohio?

or if not where did you go for your wedding day make up?

I was looking at the make-up artist that my local board raved about but none of them seem to do a very good job on Asians. I just realized more advance skills are needed to become a good makeup artist for Chinese. Smile

Re: make up artist for Chinese

• edited December 2011
    I lucked out... my sister is great with makeup so she was my artist for the day. Do you know anyone who might be able to do it for you... non-professionally? Honestly, professionals who did not have experience with Asian faces sucked anyway. I had one lady make me look like a geisha. You might be better off with a friend!
  • edited December 2011
    Why don't you take a look at the wedding service provider website?  such as weddinglenox.com, weddingchannel, theknot, onewed...
  • gracyhongracyhon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi, when and where will be your wedding?  I'm an experienced wedding stylist and owned a styling school in hong kong.  I may travel to States early Jul 10.
  • gracyhongracyhon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://chinese.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_chinese-weddings_up-artist-chinese?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:397Discussion:72c29f37-84bd-4892-a436-33d09e0dd699Post:2b2cc8dc-0e8b-4315-8280-e86ee732d622">make up artist for Chinese</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you know any of you know a make up artist who has experience with Asian faces in Columbus Ohio? or if not where did you go for your wedding day make up? I was looking at the make-up artist that my local board raved about but none of them seem to do a very good job on Asians. I just realized more advance skills are needed to become a good makeup artist for Chinese. 
    Posted by cianny[/QUOTE]

hi, when and where will be your wedding?  I'm an experienced wedding stylist and owned a styling school in hong kong.  I may travel to States early Jul 10.
  • ciannycianny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry. Didn't realize someone actually replied to this thread.
    buttaflai, I know that's what's I'm afraid of. Unfortunately, none of my friends is 

Gracyhon, my wedding is in Sept 18 in Columbus, OH. Let me know if you postpone your trip and decided to come to Columbus Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards