Florida-Central Florida
Options

Anyone gone to Minerva's bridal?

I fell in love with a dress online....but want to try it on. I saw that Minerva's carries the designer of the dress I love. I've seen mixed reviews online. Some were great, others horrible. Experiences? Or....any other recommendations on the BEST place to find an affordable dress? (Besides David's) Thanks!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Anyone gone to Minerva's bridal?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can try Alfred Angelo in Altamonte Springs. I thought they had a good selection to fit many budgets.
    Married on October 22, 2011; For Sale - http://buymyweddingitems.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I fell in love with a dress there, so I am going to go back and purchase it. I had a great experience, however I did not like the male owner. I had read what designers they offered via there website and when I inquired about one, he was rude saying " why would I sell his dress here, when he has a shop in the same area." He literally would not shut up about it, so I told him he needed to go back on his website and take the name off, so other brides wouldn't question him. I was so frustrated with the way he spoke to me, and he could tell. Therefore, his wife Minerva, began helping me with trying on gowns and she turned the entire experience around. So in the beginning, I was getting ready to walk out, but overall, I fell in love with my dress and can't wait to buy it! Minerva and my other consultant were wonderful with me. The gowns are priced really well but I heard the alterations are expensive!

I also went to Alfred Angelo and had an amazing experience there. The gowns are so inexpensive and my consultant, Danielle, was AMAZING!!!! I just didn't fall in love with anything :(... Demetrios, was yet again another fabulous experience but I didn't fall in love with a gown either.

• Options
    chinita23chinita23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Minervas and I loved it!! Everyone I spoke to and that helped me and my mom was really nice and extremely patient!! My first fitting is tomorrow and I CANT WAIT :-) Suzanne and Karol helped me the last two times I was there and they really worked with me...I must have tried on at least 16 dresses and they were both very sweet, patient and pleasant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Solutions Bridal in Orlando! They have a beautiful store with beautiful gowns!! Good Luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennifer81285jennifer81285 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went a few weeks ago.  Their website is great and it says that they carry all of these makers.  The thing is that you can order from all of these vendors but they really don't carry much in the store.  They have a ton of quince dresses.  If you are looking for something big and bedazzled, then take a look.  Otherwise, I wouldn't waste your time.  The service was terrible and they won't even let you take photos.  They take the tags out of the dresses so whenever you fall in love with one you can't buy it somewhere else because you don't know the maker or style number.  Really bad experience, I left within a half an hour.  I did however, have a really great experience at both Something Blue on Dr. Phillips and at The Collection on Park Ave.  I thought that both would only carry really expensive dresses but I found that they had everything from about $700 and up and the women who worked at both places were really great.  Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards