Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Help! I need a new photographer SOS!

Hi Ladies,

My wedding has been scheduled for 7/24/2010, and all of our vendors were lined up.  Suddenly, the city planned a huge mardi gras kind of loud party right next to our venue.  My ceremony and reception were supposed to be outside, and now there would be no hope of even hearing the "I Do's" due to this concert/party with thousands of people.

The venue kindly let us switch our date, we contacted the bridal party and all of our vendors, and everyone except our photographer were able to now do it 8/7/2010.

I already sent out the save the dates, and am having a hard time wrapping my mind around a new date at such a late time, but I know that I will get used to it.  However, I need a new photographer, and I'm so nervous.

We like photojournalistic style, do not need an engagement photo shoot, and would like to stay in the area of $1800. 

Do any of you have good recommendations?  I'm in a serious bind, and knew I just needed to come on these boards and ask for help. 

Thanks a million!

Re: Help! I need a new photographer SOS!

• edited December 2011
    Have you posted this on your local?? Have you tried looking on craigslist.org?? A lot of vendors use that for free advertising.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • beimagedbeimaged member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <div>Hi naturallime!  I am a wedding photographer with availability on 08.07.2010, and I would be able to stay within your budget. You can see my work at <a href="http://www.beimaged.com" rel="nofollow">www.beimaged.com</a>. I specialize in candid and journalistic photography. If you don't think we'd be a great fit, I can definitely suggest some other photographers for you! Don't stress - you will find what you are looking for!</div><div>
    </div><div>Hope to Help,</div><div>Melissa Lynn</div><div>beimaged@gmail.com</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_need-new-photographer-sos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:2bf8dda3-c680-4da8-b35f-19d9867a25fcPost:8d3b2af7-b2ed-4f1b-8929-bb43f8b54f9b">Help! I need a new photographer SOS!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Ladies, My wedding has been scheduled for 7/24/2010, and all of our vendors were lined up.  Suddenly, the city planned a huge mardi gras kind of loud party right next to our venue.  My ceremony and reception were supposed to be outside, and now there would be no hope of even hearing the "I Do's" due to this concert/party with thousands of people. The venue kindly let us switch our date, we contacted the bridal party and all of our vendors, and everyone except our photographer were able to now do it 8/7/2010. I already sent out the save the dates, and am having a hard time wrapping my mind around a new date at such a late time, but I know that I will get used to it.  However, I need a new photographer, and I'm so nervous. We like photojournalistic style, do not need an engagement photo shoot, and would like to stay in the area of $1800.  Do any of you have good recommendations?  I'm in a serious bind, and knew I just needed to come on these boards and ask for help.  Thanks a million!
    Posted by naturallime[/QUOTE]
    Melissa & Dave thecameraandtherug.blogspot.com
  • Samantha2012Samantha2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked  1aStudio for my wedding pictures, awesome stuff very affordable!
    www.1astudio.net
  • morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_need-new-photographer-sos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:2bf8dda3-c680-4da8-b35f-19d9867a25fcPost:bf8ab5fc-22c1-48db-9c95-efeacfde34b6">Re: Help! I need a new photographer SOS!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi naturallime!  I am a wedding photographer with availability on 08.07.2010, and I would be able to stay within your budget. You can see my work at <a href="http://www.beimaged.com" rel="nofollow">www.beimaged.com</a> . I specialize in candid and journalistic photography. If you don't think we'd be a great fit, I can definitely suggest some other photographers for you! Don't stress - you will find what you are looking for! Hope to Help, Melissa Lynn beimaged@gmail.com In Response to Help! I need a new photographer SOS! :
    Posted by beimaged[/QUOTE]

Vendors are not allowed to post on the boards or solicit business.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Naturallime!

We used NH Images Photography & Video ...great company, they will work with you on price and travel anywhere for you. We were working on a budget and were able to spend only $2000 for 6 hours of photography and the photographer was amazing. he was a combination of candid, formal, artistic and creative shots. Great experience and I highly recommend them! Also, as far as your date, they have a staff of ten photographers and videographers as well that can accomodate you! Check out www.nhimages.com

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

you can check hongmingstdio. we have a interview with them, they are nice. their price rang is between $1000 ~ $2000, free engagement photo. good luck!
    www.hongmingstudio.com

• tmccabe13tmccabe13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    look up kristen at kmdcreations.  A candid, photojournalistic. style.  You'll love them!  Good luck with everything!
  • Angie's MOBAngie's MOB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out MilestoneImages at milestoneimages.us. She will travel to you.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Ashley Therese Photography. Her website is http://www.ashleytheresephotography.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards