Wedding Invitations & Paper

help please, im soo bad at this!

so my wedding is 10/20/12 in south bend, IN and as i found out a little bit ago theres a notre dame football game the same day. i reserved a block of hotel rooms for my guests (i could only get 15 rooms) but i was wondering if on the invitations i should warn my guests about booking the hotel early because of the game? also should i tell them to book the blocked rooms by sept. 20th which is their "due date". i really dont want to come off as pushy but im worried some of the guests will try to book the rooms last minute and find that all the rooms have been booked and be stuck. i just don't know what to do...should i give them a friendly reminder? TIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: help please, im soo bad at this!

• On our accommodations card in the invitations, underneath the hotel block information we said, "Please mention the Bride's last name/groom's last name wedding when booking by June 20 (or whatever the date was". That let them know what the deadline was to be part of the block, so I think it's fine to put the date on there without seeming pushy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • As far as I know, the Marriot is just about the only decent hotel in SB and I'm amazed that you were able to block rooms on a football weekend this far out.

YES, make sure your guests realize the shortage of rooms in town.  Word of mouth should work but get it out early.

yeah, I stayed there one weekend when they played Boston College and wound up with 5 others sharing my room
  • aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_help-please-im-soo-bad-at-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:720aeabb-8833-4c05-beb4-4437f2b2ad7aPost:620ffab2-a145-4075-a129-212e6fedaf70">Re: help please, im soo bad at this!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would include the due date on the invitations, but nothing about the game. Do you have a wedding website? I'd definitely put it on there and then have a chatty relative start passing it around via word of mouth.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

I agree that this is your best bet.
    Lizzie
  • Ok, this is what I have so far. "We strongly suggest booking your hotel no later than September 20th due to limited hotel space"?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards