Massachusetts-Boston

Ceremony and Reception IN Boston for 50 people for $10K?

Starting to plan and look at venues but I'm having some trouble sticking to my budget of venue, food and drink for $10K. We are only having about 50 people, and are planning on doing it in March (off peak) and on a Sunday. I've found a few places that might work but I'm wondering if people know of places definitely within Boston/Cambridge/Brookline (must be T accessible since I dont want to make my guests pay for flights, hotel AND car rentals) that are a little less expensive, off the beaten path, etc.

Thanks all!

Re: Ceremony and Reception IN Boston for 50 people for $10K?

• HI!!!!! I was in the same exact position as you. We booked with the Museum of Science and it is AMAZING!! We are having 50 people as well and their skyline room on the 6th floor gives you a panoramic view of Boston, from downtown on your left, the Charles River down the middle, and cambridge on the right. The event staff are fantastic, Cheryl and Keith. I promise you, you will fall in love with this place, just as I did. And including space rental and food/drinks, we came in below $10,000 (our budget was the same). Check it out!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure if these are already on your list, but they are both really lovely locations... College Club of Boston and Hampshire House.
  • Thanks ladies! College Club of Boston I had not come across yet!
  • 17uv51417uv514 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    I am planning my wedding for a Saturday night in November with the same budget and closer to 75 guests at the Hampshire House.  They have been great to work with so far!  Let them know your budget and see what they can offer you.
  • You might also consider Upstairs on the Square in Cambridge. Fabulous food and atmosphere. They did a beautiful job for my best friend's wedding on a budget last year.
  • Dear Brides to Be

On a budget?
    Consider hiring me.....I am an at home baker
    with references and pictures of my work

Cakes...
    Cupcake Towers......

Together we can design a sweet dessert
    that will WOW your guests....

Because your on a budget doesn't mean
    that you should sacrifice ...... my prices are often
    half of of bigger bakeries because I keep my overhead low and
    pass the savings on to you