Florida-West Coast

Recommendations for wedding venue (ceremony and reception) in FL

HELP! 

My FI and I have been searching the entire web to get the perfect FL beach wedding location for what fits our needs and budget. We want to have a private outdoor wedding ceremony on gorgeous green lawn that overlooks the beautiful gulfcoast in FL. We also want to have an indoor reception to accommodate our guests. Our budget is $5,000 total. Our guest list is 80 people. We are doing self-catering from cooking to baking and mostly everything will be DIY from invitations to centerpieces. We also want to BYOB (beer, wine, and a signature drink). Our theme is beach-themed. We are still on the search for an affordable photographer and DJ. Our main issue for right now is finding the right location that can accommodate our guest list, but mainly our budget. Affordable is what we are looking for! Our wedding will take place on a Saturday(I know that Saturdays seem to be the perfect day for a wedding... We just happen to get lucky because after we chose our date, we found out that it falls on a Saturday :) I also read that it's also the most expensive day to get married). I feel like I am so far behind on planning! Does anyone have reccommendations on an affordable venue off the gulfcoast in FL? We would like to have it at one venue, in that way, our guests do not have to travel in between.  

Any recommendations will be of great help! Happy planning! 

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Re: Recommendations for wedding venue (ceremony and reception) in FL

• Hi there!  What date have you set for your wedding day? 

The historical St. Petersburg Women's club is absolutely beautiful and sits right along the Coffee Pot Bayou.  There's a very beautiful small garden that will accomodate your guests and reception space inside. 

You can bring in your own food, alcohol and anything else you choose. 

Though it's not the beautiful Gulf Coast, it is very budget friendly.

You mentioned your date is "the most expensive day to get married" on.  If you're getting married this Spring or Summer, you may have a hard time finding a venue with available dates because they tend to book quickly.  Finding a venue that fits a certain budget is even more of a challenge!

Good luck, I hope this helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GobBuenoGobBueno member
    First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Haven't looked into the St. Pete Women's Club!  Thank you for that recommendation! I'll definitely look into it. 

Our wedding day is Feb 22, 2014 :) 
  • Clearwater Community Sailing Center might be what you are looking for.  Shepherd's Beach Resort is another one.
  • The two above are great. St Pete Womens club is gorgeous if you want the green lawn.

A little more but still amazing and within a good price is Tampa Bay Watch. They book up QUICK tho so need to check on your date.

For a private beach and hall and very inexpensive, The St. Petersburg Lions Club is on Sunset Beach. They have a very private beach which they own so no bikini watchers floating by.  I am getting married there next month - price is $1200 for the venue for ceremony and reception hall and they have a huge kitchen. (not a grassy lawn)

St Pete Beach Rec Center has a gorgeous hall on the water - and they have a big green lawn there as well.  

So there are plenty of spots to look into! Good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://tampa.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_recommendations-for-wedding-venue-ceremony-and-reception-in-fl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:62Discussion:7096d0fb-a1a0-4765-9ca5-c96d6811359fPost:ebfa0fd5-5cfd-4c41-9c12-60dd82cad9cb">Recommendations for wedding venue (ceremony and reception) in FL</a>:
    [QUOTE]HELP!  My FI and I have been searching the entire web to get the perfect FL beach wedding location for what fits our needs and budget. We want to have a private outdoor wedding ceremony on gorgeous green lawn that overlooks the beautiful gulfcoast in FL. We also want to have an indoor reception to accommodate our guests. Our budget is $5,000 total. Our guest list is 80 people. We are doing self-catering from cooking to baking and mostly everything will be DIY from invitations to centerpieces. We also want to BYOB (beer, wine, and a signature drink). Our theme is beach-themed. We are still on the search for an affordable photographer and DJ. Our main issue for right now is finding the right location that can accommodate our guest list, but mainly our budget. Affordable is what we are looking for! Our wedding will take place on a Saturday(I know that Saturdays seem to be the perfect day for a wedding... We just happen to get lucky because after we chose our date, we found out that it falls on a Saturday :) I also read that it's also the most expensive day to get married). I feel like I am so far behind on planning! Does anyone have reccommendations on an affordable venue off the gulfcoast in FL? We would like to have it at one venue, in that way, our guests do not have to travel in between.   Any recommendations will be of great help! Happy planning!  Hope to hear from someone soon!
    Posted by GobBueno[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><div style="font-style:normal;font-size:11px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">
    I'm a wedding photographer for Tide the Knot Beach Weddings.  I really recommend them because they are so affordable yet their ceremonies are beautiful.  </div><div style="font-style:normal;font-size:11px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">
    </div><div style="font-style:normal;font-size:11px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">This is a recent wedding they did on the beach in St Pete.:</div><div style="font-style:normal;font-size:11px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">
    </div><div style="font-style:normal;font-size:11px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;"><a href="http://www.sophantheamphotography.com/vendor-spotlight-tide-the-knot-beach-weddings/" rel="nofollow">http://www.sophantheamphotography.com/vendor-spotlight-tide-the-knot-beach-weddings/</a></div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards