New York-Upstate
Options

recommended vendors -- Lake George, NY

Hi All, 

I'm getting married next September at The Boathouse at Cresthaven Lodges and I'm in the process of trying to find such vendors as a photographer, a DJ, an officiant, a florist, etc. Does anyone have suggestions regarding a vendor that they loved? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Re: recommended vendors -- Lake George, NY

• Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cindy Murphy (South Glens Falls) did our cake and did a great job!  It was so yummy.  I highly recommend her.  She has been doing cakes for 30+ years.  I told her what I wanted and she did exactly that.  

Our florist was in Ticonderoga (we got married in Silver Bay) so that's probably too far for you.

A lot of photographers travel - ours was based in Albany.  www.baillyphoto.com  He did a great job but I know his rates have gone up a lot since our wedding.
  • Options
    jessb404jessb404 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are also getting married at the Boathouse next May, YAY!!  We are using Murphy's Cottage Crafts as our florist.  I've seen other weddings that they have done and love the work!  You can contact Adirondack Wedding Association for more suggestions, they are right downtown GF, ask for Brooke. 

• Options
    julsmcmjulsmcm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. This is a great start!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For an officiant, check out Rev. Joy Burke out of Saratoga Springs - she is so amazing! 

Photographers, can't recommend Scott and Lisa Kretschmann enough - http://www.scottkretschmann.com

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are getting married in Lake George in just a few weeks. We are using:

Michael Galatelli www.metrolandphoto.com

Lake George Baking Company www.lakegeorgebakingcompany.com

Felthousen's Florist www.felthousenflorist.com

So far, all three have been absolutely terrific.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MissyCeeMissyCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For flowers, we used Janine at Binley Florist and she did an absolutely amazing job and the pricing was very reasonable. I would highly recommend her!

Our photography was Robinn from Special Events Remembered. I adored her as a person and as a photographer. We had a blast shooting with her and she captured some really beautiful moments. Her pricing was also fantastic! I cannot say enough amazing things about her. She also starting putting photos up on a website just two days after the wedding! It was so nice to get to see a few new ones every day to tide us over until we got our disks. She did also email a few photos for us to use for an announcement, wallpaper (for our computers) and to share with family. There were so many little things she did for us that made us feel very special. Absolutely give her a call or send her a message through her website!

www.specialeventsremembered.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is so terrific! Why didn't I look on the blogs sooner?? My wedding is next May in Lake George and I've been freaking out trying to find local vendors. My fiance and I live 4 hours away so it's hard just relying on websites. It's good to hear feedback! Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards