Favors

"Candy Bar" in lieu of favors acceptable?

Hello fellow brides!

I have been considering a number of different ideas for favors. I would really love to have a "candy bar" at the reception, but budget contraints are putting me in a place to choose between favors or the candy bar. Would it be acceptable to have the candy bar in place of favors? Thank you!

Re: "Candy Bar" in lieu of favors acceptable?

• egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    Favors aren't necessary, so if you think your guests would enjoy the candy bar more, then go for it.  Some people provide small boxes to put the candy in so it is a favor.  Out of the past 5 weddings I've been to, two didn't have favors, and of the three that did, I only liked one (and it was actually the men's favor I liked, not the women's).  Favors seem to be pretty hit or miss.
  • It's totally fine to use the candy as your favor.  Edible is always good.
  • There are such cute favor boxes out there, and rather than filling them yourself, let you guest fill them at your candy bar. I think it is a fabulous idea.
    NeedWeddingFavors.com - A blog of wedding favors
  • I'd prefer a delicious candy bar to a favor I didn't like :o) Go for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is what we are doing.  And having cute boxes for them to take whatever candy they want home.
  • Thank you all! I am going to go with the candy bar, and provide them with favor bags so they can take it home. I'm very excited!
  • We are doing a candy bar as our favor, and everyone I've mentioned it to loves the idea! We are ordering Chinese takeout boxes for our guests to hold their loot in. :
  • Favors are definitely not required at a wedding, it's a nice perk if you can afford it. I always like the candy bar, it's better than most individual favors. You possibly reduce the cost of your candy bar by adding dessert as well, if you're catering company is also providing desserts. This is the place to add it. Also, you can reduce the amount of candy you provide since it's estimated at 1 1/2 pounds of candy per person, maybe 2 or 3 candies plus some dessert options. This is a great idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards