Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Betsy Robinson.... Rumor?

So a friend of mine was shopping for a veil today in Annapolis. The store clerk asked where she bought her dress and she said "Betsy Robinson". The clerk said for her to immediately go pick up her wedding dress because they are going bankrupt and her dress might be locked in.... Crazy right? Has anyone else heard this or is this just a rumor?!
Photobucket

Re: Betsy Robinson.... Rumor?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard this at all.  I can't imagine they're going bankrupt, every time I'm in there it's packed and I'd think they'd stop ordering dresses for brides! I can't imagine how many angry brides or even law suits they would see if they knowingly continued taking large deposits on dresses their clients would never see.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I was there Saturday and it was PACKED!!!

When I heard this I was floored... I bet it was a rumor but I thought I would ask to see what you guys thought. The Today show did a huge thing on bridal salons going bankrupt last year and how the lender comes and locks the door with all the dresses inside with brides freaking out. I remembered seeing it and got worried for my many friends who have their dresses stored there. If no one has heard that.... it is goood news!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, wow, I hope not! That's one of the places I planned to go looking for a dress when I'm visiting MD... yikes!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The rumor being spread is absolutely not true, and it is the furthest thing from the truth. I happen to know Betsy & her husband Allen and they have been in the business for over 30 years and they don't plan on going anywhere. I would be concerned that the store telling you that is the one going out of business.
  • Options
    budgetmamabudgetmama member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

You think it's possible that the store in Annapolis that the bride was visiting to shop for veils is the same one that gets all the nasty reviews on the local boards? Maybe trying to squash her competition?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards