Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Processional Songs

Does anbody have any suggestions for a song without words that I can walk down the aisle to? My wedding will be in my church. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Re: Processional Songs

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Well you could use the instrumental version of just about anything you want.

We used Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring and Laudate Dominum, both are pretty classical/traditional ceremony songs.  Canon in D has no words and is a very common processional song. Handel's Water Music is another good one.

You could also check out Vitamin String Quartet, they do some awesome instrumental versions of lots of songs.

Are you playing recorded music over speakers or do you have live musicians?
  • Options
    katehar01katehar01 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I'm using Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring, Canon in D, and Ode to Joy.  The Prince of Denmark's March is nice, also.

Edit: To clarify, I'm walking down to Canon in D, but I think any of those songs would have worked for that.
    127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had a string quartet. The WP used Canon in D, and my dad and I entered to Simple Gifts.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_processional-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:a7305183-b98c-492d-ba6d-508241b3f27cPost:75ad0090-df4d-4913-8128-39afa9fdb077">Re: Processional Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well you could use the instrumental version of just about anything you want. We used Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring and Laudate Dominum, both are pretty classical/traditional ceremony songs.  Canon in D has no words and is a very common processional song. Handel's Water Music is another good one. You could also check out Vitamin String Quartet, they do some awesome instrumental versions of lots of songs. Are you playing recorded music over speakers or do you have live musicians?
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

I agree  Cannon D is amazing, Handel is another fantastic pick. OR your traditional Mendelssohn: A Summer Nights dream. One of my personal favorites is Ave Maria! (you will want the instumental of course) you can find many of these done with different instruments etc.  You will have to pick the one you find most appealing!  Good luck!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_processional-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:a7305183-b98c-492d-ba6d-508241b3f27cPost:75ad0090-df4d-4913-8128-39afa9fdb077">Re: Processional Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well you could use the instrumental version of just about anything you want. We used Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring and Laudate Dominum, both are pretty classical/traditional ceremony songs.  Canon in D has no words and is a very common processional song. Handel's Water Music is another good one. You could also check out Vitamin String Quartet, they do some awesome instrumental versions of lots of songs. Are you playing recorded music over speakers or do you have live musicians?
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

I'll be playing it over the speakers. And I want something not totally traditional. I want pretty but not old. I'll have to look into the vitamin string quartet. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_processional-songs-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:a7305183-b98c-492d-ba6d-508241b3f27cPost:da10d944-93fb-449d-9452-0465ad2dcc60">Processional Songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anbody have any suggestions for a song without words that I can walk down the aisle to? My wedding will be in my church. Any help would be appreciated. :)
    Posted by lkwedding101[/QUOTE]

Oh and just to clarify I kinda want to break out of the traditional mold a little bit. So I'm hoping for something that's pretty but not old. I think Canon D is nice buuut really traditional.
  • Options
    I would look up some songs by Yo-Yo Ma (he's a cellist). If you're not having a musician play, his songs are wonderful. He has a couple songs he's done with Bobby McFerrin that are spectacular. My favorite all time Yo Yo ma song is Suite for Cello No. 1, 5 and 6.
  • Options
    Perhaps something by the o'nneil brothers? they have some really pretty pieces or instrumental soundtrack music can also have a nice emotional impact!
  • Options
    Listen to Vitamin String Quartet's version of You Look Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton.  It's really pretty and I'mn considering walking down the aisle to it.
  • Options
    lisat102012lisat102012 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    I am doing an intrumental version of Can you feel the love tonight. I also really like the instrumental version of Big and Rich's Lost in this moment. I found both on Itunes.
  • Options
    I'm using Vitamin String Quartet. 
    Bridal party is walking in to viva la vida
    I'm walking in to beautiful day
  • Options
    I was looking at Vitamin String Quartet too and found this

I think ive found a winner.
    Photobucket
    Roses are #FF0000 Violets are #0000FF All my base Are belong to you
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board