August 2012 Weddings
Options

You will NOT believe me when I tell you...

Someone just sent me a Facebook message asking me if it was too late to bring a DD as their guest to the wedding?! I almost had a major meltdown... 1. He wasn't invited with a guest, 2. It's 9 days to the wedding 3. Seriously?!!
196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: You will NOT believe me when I tell you...

• Options
    The nerve of some people!  If someone asked me that at this point, I would be tempted to say, "Sure, but that person will not be at the same table as you because I already did the seating chart."
  • Options
    hahaha, klassy (yes the k was intentional.)  I hope you came up with a killer reponse
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would FLIP. Just tell him sorry but final numbers were already in. And if you mean designated driver tell him to cab it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I gave him a short 2 sentence response. The numbers have been turned in, everything is paid for. I wanted to add and u were invited without a guest... But I didn't let myself...
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have had 2 single friends tell me they now want to bring a date. Hello 8 days? Where am I going to seat your date? Seriously.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha...this has been quite the learning process!  I now know that when I receive an invite, I will reply weeks before the due date, read the envelop carefully, and not pull any of the stunts some of these guests have pulled!

I think my favorite point is #3...Seriously?!  My question is who are they planning on bringing?  What person wouldn't love to come to a wedding where they didn't know anyone and their sole purpose was to stay sober and drive an intoxicated individual home? 
  • Options
    Yeah, no kidding! Who wants to go to a wedding and the sole purpose being to be a DD??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wish I had posted the actual message he sent me... "is it too late to find a DD to accompany me to the wedding" so he hadn't even figured out who he would be bringing... Lol just some rando he picks up on the road would be fine I'm sure... My FSIL told me to uninvite him haha
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards