April 2013 Weddings
Options

Anybody have plans with FI of when to TTC?

Just curious when other knotties are going to TTC or if there are no plans yet and you will cross that bridge when you get to it.  FI and I are beyond ready and won't mind one bit if it happened before the wedding.  We will have been together for almost 3 years by the time we get married in April and were going to TTC awhile ago, but I did not want to be far along in pregnancy at my wedding.  We have stopped trying to avoid and are just letting nature take it's course as of this month.  Anyone else looking forward to TTC soon?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
RSVP Deadline: February 28th

Re: Anybody have plans with FI of when to TTC?

• Options
    I'm bringing a 4yo into the marriage ... and that is plenty for now, LOL. A year ago we wanted to TTC even right on the honeymoon, but for recent financial happenings, we have reconsidered and we're now looking at 3-5 years. If we have an oopsie, then so be it -- no biggie and baby would be absolutely welcomed, we're just really aiming for 3+ years.  
  • Options
    FI and I had our "oopsie" in the summer of 2007.  We always wanted one more, but when they discovered my heart arrythmia, I was told no more pregnancies.  We're going to look seriously at adoption as soon as we get back form the wedding, though.  Our dd has been asking for a little sister since she was 3, and we don't want her to grow up as an only child.  I'm SUPER excited and we've already reserved our spots at the informational meeting at the end of April. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    We are still pretty young and plan to enjoy just being married for a year or two, plus invest more in our house. Although at the same time, if it happens, that's okay. I wanted to be married before having kids, and want to start before I'm 30 - and we're both on board with that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    We are planning to wait 1 to 2 years. It's going to be hard because I have baby fever and FI is so excited to be a father, but we're young and feel like we should spend a little more time enjoying each other and saving money.

Anniversary
  • Options
    ChiGirl-awesome, congrats!  That's so exciting!

FI and I want to wait about 3 years.  I'd like to get my Master's started and finished.  When I'm in school I totally focus on that and I know if I had a cute lil stinker I'd just want to play with him or her instead of study :-P
  • Options
    We will TTC this September...we have been together for 4 years and are pushing 30, we don't see the point in waiting since we have been living together for over 2 years. I cant wait! Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    We are likely going to start ttc this summer. We are both 30 and I've had some health issues in the past that have been cleared up, but doctors are still suggesting we should be done with kids by 35.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Thanks!  I decided I wanted to adopt during a volunteer trip in college and I know several people who have done it.  They've been a great help to us and have helped us see that this is a wonderful opportunity.  I'm not 100% sure it will happen because FI still has questions and I'm not going to push him into something he doesn't want to do.  But I'm pretty confident it will happen and that when the time is right, the right child will find us.

I have to say, I'm really happy that so many are waiting a while (or already have lived together and done the "married" thing.)  I would not give dd back for all the money in the world and she is my very reason for being.  But I definitely do miss that disposable income, sleeping in, taking exciting vacations that don't involve water parks and children's museums, and being able to just pick up and go out whenever I felt like it.  It's a HUGE lifestyle change and you will definitely need a solid relationship in order to keep from losing your mind, and your identity as an individual. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    I graduate nursing school in 3 years and plan on TTC RIGHT AWAY. I've had baby fever for soo long and FI wants to have his first one or two before he turns 30 and he'll be 28 when I graduate so it'd be perfect. Hoping to travel when I'm off school during winter, spring and summer breaks so we can get that out of our system by the time I finish. I can't wait to be a mama :) 
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have a 3 1/2 year old, and while I would love to ttc another like now, we are going to wait at least a year or two. FI.wants to go back to school, so we will get that wrapped up first. Plus we are living comfortably financially and space wise.
  • Options
    I already have a 4 year old that is part of our lives, and he fills the step parent role out better than I could have ever hoped.  He wants to have his own little one like yesterday but  we are planning on taking my daughter to Disney in December and I didn't want to have a newborn with us or be waddling around Disney preggo so I told him he is going to have to wait.  With my crazy work schedule having a baby late winter or early spring would be the best possible plan so if we will start trying in May or June of 2014 but if we oops or that just isn't feasible then so be it.  I definitely want to have another one, maybe two. I'm already 30 though so I don't want to wait too much longer.
    February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• Options
    We will be waiting at least 5 years. Our careers are looking shaky at the moment so we definitely want to be in a stable financial situation. We are 27 and 28, so in about 5 years I think we'll definitely be ready to seriously consider children.
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2013
    I would like to have a baby sooner than later. FI wants to wait a little bit until he is further along in his career. He is starting to come around with TTC after the June wedding I am standing up in, but we will see. I am more scared of getting off BC and going back to 'normal'. Also I would like to adopt and it is such a long process I would like to be a mother before we start it.
  • Options
    FI and and I are going to wait until after we are settled in a house... speaking of which we just got preapproved :) FI is 31 and I am 28. I wouldn't mind waiting a year to enjoy being newlyweds and maybe travel a little bit. I have been thinking about going back to school too. My sister got her masters while pregnant with number 1 so she was definitely someone to look up to and that it is possible to be preggers, go to class, have a baby and go back to classes.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_anybody-have-plans-with-fi-of-when-to-ttc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:3ced3a88-9d1f-4f7e-a955-91be5925e944Post:84f32501-2a51-4e79-bbbd-9ad087c281e8">Re: Anybody have plans with FI of when to TTC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and and I are going to wait until after we are settled in a house... speaking of which we just got preapproved :) FI is 31 and I am 28. I wouldn't mind waiting a year to enjoy being newlyweds and maybe travel a little bit. I have been thinking about going back to school too. My sister got her masters while pregnant with number 1 so she was definitely someone to look up to and that it is possible to be preggers, go to class, have a baby and go back to classes.
    Posted by Christine9866[/QUOTE]

Woohoo, congrats!  We are hoping to call the bank on Friday and see what we'll get pre-approved for.  We're only using FI's income since mine might be shaky over the next few years.  We want to confidently pay off a mortgage every month with one income without worrying if we'll make the next payment.  Happy house hunting!!
  • Options
    We're honestly not sure about the whole kids thing in general, but, if we are going to, we're thinking like 4-ish years. We want to get a house first and we just signed a 2 year lease on our apartment, so that won't be happening any time soon. Plus, we're just really not there yet. We both have a lot of growth we want to do in our careers first and we're enjoying the DINC lifestyle in NYC so we're sticking with that for the time being.
  • Options
    My DD is almost 3 and we want the kids four years apart or so we will start trying this august or september.  Hopefully we will be in a house by then, we have already out grown our two bedroom apartment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm going off birth control after the wedding to let my body regulate a bit, and start loading up on vitamins. After being married for 6 months, I think we are just going to stop trying to not get pregnant, and see where nature takes us! He's already 32 and I'll be 29 right after the wedding, so we're ready. While I would like more time to just be married, I also don't want to wait too long since we're a bit older, and I'm scared I could be like a lot of my friends, and have trouble getting pregnant. But I do have baby fever too, and I just want that family lifestyle with FI! It'll be scary, but we'll adjust! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    July. I'm 32, he's 33, we're both done with school, well into career mode, and READY FOR A BABY!!! We would have started earlier but I desperately wanted to SCUBA dive on our honeymoon and you can't do that when you're knocked up.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_anybody-have-plans-with-fi-of-when-to-ttc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:3ced3a88-9d1f-4f7e-a955-91be5925e944Post:34eb7b5c-10c4-47a1-aef1-c37467c3f7a3">Re: Anybody have plans with FI of when to TTC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]July. I'm 32, he's 33, we're both done with school, well into career mode, and READY FOR A BABY!!! We would have started earlier but I desperately wanted to SCUBA dive on our honeymoon and you can't do that when you're knocked up.
    Posted by anssett[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Good girl!  No nitrogen bubbles for baby :-)  I keep looking at other dive jobs but I don't want to pursue it because I won't be able to dive while preggo in the future :-P</div>
  • Options
    We're starting right away. We're 35 & 36, so we have no time to waste! My mom had a really hard time, so I'm a little worried. If it doesn't happen, we'll adopt.
  • Options

With my PCOS I was told it would be difficult to conceive (I ovulate MAYBE once a year!).  We were trying a few months before he proposed and nothing happened.  After he proposed we starting being more careful so that I wouldn't be pregnant at the wedding.  Low and behold I am now ten weeks pregnant and will be about 18 weeks at the wedding!  We couldn't be happier and I am so excited for our little miracle!  Life has a funny way of working out sometime :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker photo boygirl_zps7b73636b.jpg
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_anybody-have-plans-with-fi-of-when-to-ttc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:3ced3a88-9d1f-4f7e-a955-91be5925e944Post:d2ef2840-c20a-480d-b1af-d3a18b6d5e4c">Re: Anybody have plans with FI of when to TTC?</a>:
    [QUOTE]With my PCOS I was told it would be difficult to conceive (I ovulate MAYBE once a year!).  We were trying a few months before he proposed and nothing happened.  After he proposed we starting being more careful so that I wouldn't be pregnant at the wedding.  Low and behold I am now ten weeks pregnant and will be about 18 weeks at the wedding!  We couldn't be happier and I am so excited for our little miracle!  Life has a funny way of working out sometime :)
    Posted by blondii428[/QUOTE]

It would be cool if you knew your baby's gender by the wedding and could do a layer of your cake in pink or blue, and do the gender reveal there. I've seen videos of that on youtube and it always looked so cute!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm excited hearing about all of your baby plans. I have baby fever bad! But I am well past all of that and FI never wanted any kids so I am safe there. However.... I get to have all the fun I want in just a few days. My daughter will be having her second baby any time now. I think they may induce her next Wednesday if she hasn't done it on her own. I can spend all day spoiling my little girls then go home and get a full night's sleep.
    And I am sorry in advance. I am sure I will let you all know when my little one decides it is time to be born.
    And FI is cool with skipping the babies and going straight to grandbabies.
  • Options
    FI is 32, and for some reason thinks he's going to be bedridden in his mid-50s, so he's ready.  I'm 26 and I just finished grad school last year.  Right now I see kiddos as a huge burden, and kind of a pain in the rear.  I want kids eventually, but right now I still want the freedom to go out when I want (not that my job schedule allows that much) and just in general do things without having a kid in tow. 

I've told FI that if we aren't trying by the time he turns 35, then we will at that point.  I'm hoping my baby fever kicks in by then. 
  • Options
    I'm going off BC about a month after the wedding. The goal is to be married for a little bit before getting pregnant, but if it happens it happens. Both my FI and I want kids. Our minimum is 2, so we figure have one, wait a while so I can go back to school, and then have more.
  • Options
    If I had my way, we'd already be TTC. Being older than my FI makes it a little bit harder for him. I alwasy told myself that I'd like to be pregnant by 30 because I am so worried about having trouble after that age. I still have a good year left to talk FI into it. Although we do have a tiny one bedroom and it might be wise to upgrade prior to.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are planning on waiting at least 6 months.  We are starting natural family planning classes next week.  I went off artificial contraception a month ago.  We will have our 5 year dating anniversary at beginning of April before wedding at end of April.  I'm 27 & he is 30.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards