September 2013 Weddings
Options

Can I panic/vent for a second?

Nearly every single weekend before our wedding from June - Sept 21 I have something going on.  I'm going to die.

Currently this is my March-Sept

March 2 or 3 - Friends shower (i'm a guest, not bm)
April 20-21 - BFF's Shower/Bparty weekend (i'm MOH)
May 5 - Other BFF's baby shower
May 11 - Friend's wedding
*small break before all hell breaks loose*

Ready?

Sunday June 2 or Sunday June 9 - My shower on FI's side.
Sunday June 16 - Cousin #1 first shower (i'm BM)
Sunday June 23 - Cousin #2  second shower(i'm BM)
Saturday June 29 - BFF's wedding (i'm MOH)
July 11 - Other BFF's baby due
Friday July 19 - Sunday 21 - Cousin #1 bachelorette weekend
Saturday July 27 -  Cousins #2 wedding (guest...thank god!)
Sunday August 11 - My second shower
Saturday August 24 - Cousins wedding (i'm BM

And then we run into problems...also, the above is without the date of my cousin #2 shower date!

Either Sunday Sept 1st or Sept 8th is my friend's Shower (wedding in Nov..I'm her bm)
Saturday Sept 14 - FI's friends wedding...in Wisconsin!
Saturday Sept 21- My wedding <3<3<3
Monday Sept 23 - Oct 1st - PARADISE
November 2nd - Friend's wedding (i'm bm)

If I want to even try to have a bachelorette party, it would have to be the 7th and 8th of September I think!

....at least the wedding will get here sooner through the madness?!  God help me.  And people wonder why I am making my damn invitations in January!

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Can I panic/vent for a second?

• Options
    Ellie,

You are hereby getting a virtual hug from yours truly. 

((((( HUG )))))))

Deep breaths.  And maybe take up yoga to help you relax? 

Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I tend to run into scheduling nightmares like that too.  Massive hug from me headed your way!

Instead of focusing on what you have to do on the weekends, focus on the time that you DO have.  I notice that when I'm busy on Saturdays/Sundays, I tend to get a LOT more done during the actual week afterwork.  I'm amazingly productive when I know I don't have the weekend.

Deep breath and take care of yourself!  Don't be afraid to schedule a "me" day at some point.  Mental health shouldn't be put on the back burner to try to get everything else done!  Burned out bride is so last season... :-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_can-i-panicvent-for-a-second?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:9b317f98-c12a-4899-b0ea-5cc5f4e05af2Post:7402de96-9369-4f92-872a-94da5d49f42d">Re: Can I panic/vent for a second?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ellie, You are hereby getting a virtual hug from yours truly.  ((((( HUG ))))))) Deep breaths.  And maybe take up yoga to help you relax? 
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

Sigh.  Thank you my dear! Is vodka drinking permitted at yoga? I'm trying to cut out calming wine because of the calories LOL!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_can-i-panicvent-for-a-second?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:9b317f98-c12a-4899-b0ea-5cc5f4e05af2Post:1f68c794-8c99-421f-8aee-2ca9bb2f275a">Re: Can I panic/vent for a second?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tend to run into scheduling nightmares like that too.  Massive hug from me headed your way! Instead of focusing on what you have to do on the weekends, focus on the time that you DO have.  I notice that when I'm busy on Saturdays/Sundays, I tend to get a LOT more done during the actual week afterwork.  I'm amazingly productive when I know I don't have the weekend. Deep breath and take care of yourself!  Don't be afraid to schedule a "me" day at some point.  Mental health shouldn't be put on the back burner to try to get everything else done!  Burned out bride is so last season... :-)
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]

Now that is an idea, thanks!  I never really thought about the weekdays, oddly enough.  Thanks for the advice...and I am def doing a Me day fooooooooooorsure.  Maybe even monthly :)

• Options
    Oh dear! Well hopefully getting it all down in writing helped a little, that always seems to calm me down! Let us know how we can help -- we'll all be juggling insane schedules this year, I fear!
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_can-i-panicvent-for-a-second?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:9b317f98-c12a-4899-b0ea-5cc5f4e05af2Post:1f68c794-8c99-421f-8aee-2ca9bb2f275a">Re: Can I panic/vent for a second?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I tend to run into scheduling nightmares like that too.  Massive hug from me headed your way! Instead of focusing on what you have to do on the weekends, focus on the time that you DO have.  I notice that when I'm busy on Saturdays/Sundays, I tend to get a LOT more done during the actual week afterwork.  I'm amazingly productive when I know I don't have the weekend. Deep breath and take care of yourself!  Don't be afraid to schedule a "me" day at some point.  Mental health shouldn't be put on the back burner to try to get everything else done!  Burned out bride is so last season... :-)
    Posted by BostonGIrl4732[/QUOTE]

Heck, I am not as jam packed as Ellie but I think I'm going to follow this advice too!  Unfortunately I won't have nights available until June/July when I quit my 2nd job but I do need to focus more when I do have the time for sure!.  :-)
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Wow that is hecktic! Try not to stress out too much. 

Alot of those things are things that happen on one day for a few hours (especially the showers that your only a guest at). And like PP have said week nights are also there when you need them.

Its interesting that you know when your shower is or even that your worried about when You'll fit in your Bachellorette party. Shouldn't your MOH/Bridal party be worrying about that?

I have no idea when any of my wedding party stuff is. I know when FI's bachelor party is, but thats it. 
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_can-i-panicvent-for-a-second?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:9b317f98-c12a-4899-b0ea-5cc5f4e05af2Post:2003baa6-fce7-410d-8af7-b91e98a34206">Re: Can I panic/vent for a second?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow that is hecktic! Try not to stress out too much.  Alot of those things are things that happen on one day for a few hours (especially the showers that your only a guest at). And like PP have said week nights are also there when you need them. Its interesting that you know when your shower is or even that your worried about when You'll fit in your Bachellorette party. Shouldn't your MOH/Bridal party be worrying about that? I have no idea when any of my wedding party stuff is. I know when FI's bachelor party is, but thats it. 
    Posted by ftrmrsw[/QUOTE]

I have to be involved in planning a lot of he dates because of 3 family weddings and standing up in 3 so I really need to be at everything that is going on.  I was told to get dates and then everything else would be taken care of but even doing that is hard.

• Options
    oh no!!! i'm sorry your schedule is so crazy! BUT - i have total faith that you will still get everything done and hopefully somewhere in there you can have a little relaxation time! 
  • Options
    Wow you are in a lot of weddings this year! I also have a crazy hectic schedule starting in April till after our wedding. Alot of FI and I's friends are getting married this year or having babies so its nonstop. I know how you feel and I am not sure how I am going to fit everything in myself! Good luck and deep breaths :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks girls!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards