New York-Hudson Valley

Vendor Prices.. Help!

Hey Everyone!!

We just booked our wedding for October 5, 2013 at Falkirk Estate and Country Club (woohoo!). I'm in a mad dash to book my other vendors before my work schedule makes it impossible to plan anything for 3 months. 

I have been contacting all of the preferred vendors from the venue and iI'm just curious what are average prices for the area for:

• Photographers (photos and video)
  • DJs/Bands
  • Flowers

Thanks!!!!!!  Smile

Re: Vendor Prices.. Help!

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    I am not sure about an average...I honestly have always thought you have to go with what you think you would spend and if you feel reasonable.  What you might think is outrageous for photos, someone else might think is cheap.  They also might weigh pictures heavier than, let's say, flowers.

In any event i think we spent about $2k on photos, $1k on video (different vendor than photos) $1k on a dj and flowers wrere probably about $2k also
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I guess a better question would have been what have people spent. What were your vendors if you don't mind me asking??
  • We're spending 
    Photos $2500 
    $800 on flowers since we want more candles than flowers 
    Band is $2500 for both ceremony and reception
    Planner is $1000
    Invites and things will be almost $400

• We spent..

Photos: $5000
    Flowers: $2000
    DJ: $1200 (and he was AMAZING)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mpjf1001mpjf1001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2012
    Photos: $7200 Majestic Studios- this includes upgrades to our package
    Video: $2300 Artistic Images
    Flowers: $4500 i think Westchester floral
    DJ: Jimmy Dee $2900
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_vendor-prices-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:2cc84c95-f355-48ec-b09f-ef66776ddee6Post:5e3e84d3-67c4-4cc1-87f1-75873fb185b0">Re:Vendor Prices.. Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess a better question would have been what have people spent. What were your vendors if you don't mind me asking??
    Posted by bsmolarczyk[/QUOTE]

Photos:  Majestic Studios
    Video:  Halo Video (we didn't use Majestic because I originally didn't want a video and did it last minute)
    DJ: DJ Bri Swatek
    Flowers:  Annex Florist
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • BARB!!!! it's jess!!!!!!! so happy you picked a date!!! please text/fb me and i'll give you the names of all my vendors!!! chris' sister is a weddign photog and chris' dad was in the wedding video business for years so we know all the best people!!!! call me soooooon!!!
  • edited December 2012
    I had a video and photog package.  The video was AWESOME and the price was VERY VERY reasonable.  Call them first and see what you can work out before you book anything.

http://www.tikufilms.com/The_Demo.html

The quality is High Def and he really knows how to get the good shots.  I am very pleased.  If you want to see my vid, maybe I can upload or have him upload a montage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards