Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake Flavors

Should we have a variety of cake flavors or keep it simple with 2-3?

Re: Cake Flavors

• Options
    SD3194SD3194 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think 2-3 is plenty. I've personally never seen more than 3 different flavors and I've attended/worked hundreds of weddings.

I would imagine that the more flavors you have the more expensive it gets. So I guess it really depends on your budget. I don't see anything wrong with having a bunch of different flavor options, I think it would be pretty neat actually.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How are you going to serve the cake?  Will you have it cut and put on a table so people can select their own, or will you have servers walk around with multiple pieces and ask each guest what they'd like?  If you're having it served, it could get complicated to have a lot of flavors being passed around, so I'd stick to 2 or 3 if that's the case. 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

Each of my 4 tiered cake was a different flavor--but the top was for us to keep so that meant we had 3 flavors.  We made one tier chocolate and everyone got one of the white layers and one of the chocolate.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are only doing 1 flavor because the cake will be served as a plated style dessert. It's much easier to not have the waiters try to shuffle multiple flavors. We are also having a small dessert table so people can always get something else if they don't like the cake.

If it's just going on a big table and guests pick it, I'd keep it at 2 or 3 at max flavors.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • Options
    asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have 2 flavors: a mango puree with raspberry filling, and a chocolate peanut butter layer. The top layer is the mango that we will have on our anniversary. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    2-3 flavors is fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like PP's said, it depends on how you're serving it. We have two flavors - one for the tiered cake and one for the sheet cake. My cousin did a ckae at each table, so she had several different flavors. They used it as a way to get people up and mingling - you had to go to other tables to decide what flavor you wanted.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're just having 1 flavor.  Since we're getting married in October we're having spice, even though our bakers almond cake was amazing.  It would take too long to ask everyone what type they wanted so we're keeping it simple.  2-3 would be fine though if you're going to cut it and just let everyone come up and get what they want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards