Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

tux color to go with bridesmaid dresses!?

So...my wedding is early September...my dress is ivory, I want my bridesmaids in long tan/champagne color chiffon dresses...but I don't know what tux or suit color to go with that? The wedding is going to be outdoors, on a property with a barn and log cabin that's on the river. The style of the wedding is "shabby chic" and it's going to be at night (lots of candles, lanterns and lighting)...so very romantic! And NOT rustic! My colors are neutrals (white, tans), peach/corals, and a hint of navy blue. I thought about navy suits, but I didn't want it feel "heavy"...if that makes any sense. And tan suits would just be too much tan...thoughts? ideas? help!

Re: tux color to go with bridesmaid dresses!?

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Could the gentlemen wear navy blue blazers with tan dress slacks, white dress shirts and brown shoes? Google "navy blue groomsmen" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Tuxes seem a bit formal for an outdoor barn wedding.

You and FI could purchase them matching coral ties if you'd like. Or, if you don't want to purchase attire, you could ask them to wear any tie they like in a shade of blue, tan, or coral.
  • Options
    Grey suits with coral/peachy ties?  I agree with PP that tuxes would be a bit too formal for an outdoor barn wedding.

I would definitely go the suit route.  A dark suit does not have to feel heavy as long as it is paired with lighter/airy colors.

• Options
    i think grey would work too, i think the navy would be adding in too much for the look your going for.
    Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
  • Options
    I think a dark suit (black, dark grey, or navy) would be best for a night-time wedding.   If you want to go with tuxes, then go with black ones.   
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards