Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Does a nice, affordable venue in Philly Metro area exist?

I'm going back and forth over having a small desitnation wedding or bigger but still small local wedding. I'd be so grateful for your advice.

We can't afford (and even if we could)-- we don't desire to spend a lot of money on one day - we rather spend money on more enduring things...

So, the Tendenza, Curtis Center, Cescaphe, Vie, Ballroom at the Ben, Crystal Tea Room weddings...are BEAUTIFUL, but not for us. Any suggestions for something less extravagent but still nice. Maybe around 80-100 people.  Any restaurants? Anything at all.

Thanks a million!
Bonnie

Re: Does a nice, affordable venue in Philly Metro area exist?

• There's Ballrooms at Boothwyn in Boothwyn, PA. They have a package deal for $80/pp including food, rental, alcohol, cake. They have about 5-6 different ballrooms in the Chichester Area.
    I've been to 3 weddings at their facilities and everything was beautiful.
    www.liascatering.com

I'm using a local fire hall, Lower Chichester Fire Hall. They have many packages and the hall is beautiful. (plus I know all the ladies there)
    http://www.lowerchi39.com/sitecontent/index/page/Hall%20Rental

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Maybe the Shofuso Tea Room in Fairmount Park? I was looking there but our families are too big to hold it. It seemed relatively inexpensive in comparison to other numbers I looked at-- and is absolutely gorgeous, IMO.

-kajs//
    kajs Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow... thank you ladies! I am so overwhelmed. Just got engaged on 7/15 and I am lost! I appreciate your recommendations! And will check them... and welcome many more. Decisions don't come easy to me. sad face!
  • What is your budget?
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • i'm using bella tori in langhorne.  we are only having about 75 people...the dinner buffet is only $50/pp.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I haven't booked yet but am just about to put a deposit down for Beat Street Station in Manayunk. It's unique & very cool! The coordinator I've been in contact with (Lisa) is great so far and the reviews I've read about her are great.

It's a great alternative to the Center City locations that are too over budget for us!
  • Try local hotels. Alot of them are not too bad. Check out some of the bridal shows for coupons and stuff. Also, if you are willing to do an off time like a Friday or Sunday, prices seem to get a bit cheaper.

I am doing the Corinthian Yacht Club in Essington,  which is a really pretty venue in what I would call the middle price range.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Have you considered Mendenhall Inn or the Concordville Inn? Don't be afraid to ask for discounts! Best of luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_does-a-nice-affordable-venue-in-philly-metro-area-exist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:07516010-f6cb-4826-8b8c-d72ebca01962Post:0e0b8ca1-8465-46cd-81f5-987289610f72">Re: Does a nice, affordable venue in Philly Metro area exist?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you considered Mendenhall Inn or the Concordville Inn? Don't be afraid to ask for discounts! Best of luck!
    Posted by nda8414[/QUOTE]
    mendenhall inn if i remember correctly doesnt price as per person... they do a minimum amount that you are recuired to pay if i am not mistaken it was close to 15,000 beautiful place though!
  • If you're going to the Ballrooms at Boothwyn ask for Tim. He's one of the 3 brothers who own it. Great customer service! My daughter Carly walked out of our meeting with him and said "that's where I want my reception, it's not only pretty and affordable, I REALLY like the people." We'd come across a few notable winners in the search for a venue. They gave us a fabulous deal. We already went for her tasting too. Highlly recommend them.
  • The Moshulu offers descent prices and can accomodate your size wedding.
  • check out the Old Mill in Rose Valley

• Thank you everyone - We're pretty close to contracting with the Omni at 4th and Chestnut. Alicia there seems very accomodating and willing to work with us. I originally wanted to have our wedding in Cape May at Congress Hall - but just nothing seemed to be working out with that and very stressfull to plan from many miles away. Plus.. I didn't want my guests having to do so much traveling (many are local philadelphians) on a Sunday - Sunday was really the only day I could have, So, if I couldn't do Cape May... In the heart of Philly.. on a Saturday night, is where and when I'd want it... i did consider MANY suburb places... but being able to do everything right in Old city is so ideal to us - since we and many of our guests live down town in the city... If anyone else is reading this board for advice - I will update further on how the Omni goes - we expect proposals thing week..I would also recommend Huntingdon Valley Country Club - the place is beautiful - just a little further than we would have wished though BUT quite affordable. I'm sure this is old news for most.. but I've found that being upfront with people-- letting them know your budget - even when their packages exceeds your budget - provides possibilities you wouldn't otherwise receive... and just bargaining, bargaining, bargaining! :) We checked out the mansion in voorhees too - again very affordable - nice grounds - the rooms weren't quite my style though - and I've heard some not so good things about the food. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_does-a-nice-affordable-venue-in-philly-metro-area-exist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:07516010-f6cb-4826-8b8c-d72ebca01962Post:f990a2f7-a7d4-41a8-8d58-c6275ea2e56c">Re: Does a nice, affordable venue in Philly Metro area exist?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't booked yet but am just about to put a deposit down for Beat Street Station in Manayunk. It's unique & very cool! The coordinator I've been in contact with (Lisa) is great so far and the reviews I've read about her are great. It's a great alternative to the Center City locations that are too over budget for us!
    Posted by Lilshell812[/QUOTE]

<div>Did you like it ? I saw that.. wondering what you thought of it...</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards