Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Teeth Whitening Help!

With the wedding coming up on the 1 month mark, I need to do some serious teeth whitening. My teeth are white, but not white enough. Anyone know of a really good teeth whitener thats not outrageously prices?
Theres so many out there on the market but i'm not sure what works best. I've heard the strips can make your teeth really sensitive. I've used them before and haven't had problems but this was years ago...

Thanks ahead of time :-)

Photobucket

Re: Teeth Whitening Help!

• Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Try Crest Whitestrips Professional Effects.  They were recommended to me by my dentist and they work great!  They did make my teeth more sensitive, but it was no big deal. 
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know Crest has strips for sensitive teeth too. My FI has really sensitive teeth and said they didn't hurt him at all. They improved his smile, but he didn't use them regularly like he was supposed to so I can't tell you how dramatic the difference is Undecided
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_teeth-whitening-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:93497f6b-4e17-4f52-b80d-357be02b11d9Post:216d09bc-98c1-463e-ac2f-081b4024f267">Re: Teeth Whitening Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Try Crest Whitestrips Professional Effects.  They were recommended to me by my dentist and they work great!  They did make my teeth more sensitive, but it was no big deal. 
    Posted by lls31[/QUOTE]

Do you know how long you used them till you seen a nice difference?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_teeth-whitening-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:93497f6b-4e17-4f52-b80d-357be02b11d9Post:fce5c875-8362-43f9-9881-155c5becbb71">Re: Teeth Whitening Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Teeth Whitening Help! : Do you know how long you used them till you seen a nice difference?
    Posted by Corybabe01[/QUOTE]

<div>I saw a difference in just a few days, but I applied the strips daily for 10 days as instructed by my dentist.  I also use Colgate Optic White toothpaste.  My teeth have never been whiter.  I plan on using the strips again a few weeks before our wedding.</div><div>
    </div><div>Good luck!</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The Crest White Strips do work very well, especially with the advanced seal (they actually stay in place).  There is also a Listerine whitening rinse that you use immediately before you brush your teeth that I had good results with.
  • Options
    If it makes you feel better, I think nearly all teeth whitening products cause some degree of sensitivity in teeth. I've used Crest whitestrips off and on for years and always have felt pretty good about the results... they'd probably last longer if I could give up red wine :).
  • Options
    haha thanks for the advice Guebara & dogsandfrogs!

Think i'll be good starting them this weekend/next weekend with my wedding being in a month..
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_teeth-whitening-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:93497f6b-4e17-4f52-b80d-357be02b11d9Post:dfe0c680-1486-436d-b924-078b36ecd235">Re: Teeth Whitening Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it makes you feel better, I think nearly all teeth whitening products cause some degree of sensitivity in teeth. I've used Crest whitestrips off and on for years and always have felt pretty good about the results... they'd probably last longer if I could give up red wine :).
    Posted by GuebaraGirl[/QUOTE]

I just got zoom whitening and am now contemplating drinking red wine through a straw. . . . . how awful is that!
  • Options
    I like the Crest Whitening strips, just whatever you do, do NOT use the 2 hour ones. I've NEVER had a problem with sensitive teeth before, with any of the other whitestrips, but within an hour of taking off the 2 hour strips, I had the worst nerve pain in my teeth I've ever experienced (even worse then when I had braces!!). Stick with the other types of strips, avoid the 2 hour ones.
    A PP mentioned the pre-brush rinse from Listerine, love that stuff!! Absolutely have noticed a difference, especially since I quit smoking (hurray for me:)!) It foams up and you just brush your teeth right after, really nice stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have SUPER sensitive teeth but I do use crest white strips but the 5 min touch up everyday and the professional like once a week. I use crest whitening toothpaste, crest whitening mouth wash and even rinse with hydrogen peroxide. Last but not least I use Bleach Bright which is a UV activated get you use on your teeth, I got it at my tanning salon WORKS WONDERS + comes with a UV light so you can do it at your convenience it was only $30 too. If you buy crest always look in the Sunday papers for crest coupons :)
  • Options
    I have sensitive teeth apparently. Didn't realize that until I tried the Crest 2-hour Whitening Strips. I literally was up the entire night because my teeth were THROBBING. It was awful. I wrote the company just to see if this was normal and they were nice enough to mail me a refund. If I ever whiten my teeth again, I will look for one that is for sensitive teeth.
    105 Were asked to party image 97 Are ready to do "The Wobble" image 8 Aren't any fun imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards