Favors
Options

Are favors a must??

We are having about 130 guests at our wedding.  One of the extras I really wanted for the wedding was the chocolate fountain.  However, now I am stuck as to whether or not I should / have to / want to give out favors.  I have always found favors to be a silly trinket that often gets left on the table.

Because we are having the chocolate fountain, a special treat for all guests, do we need favors?

Also, any ideas as to how to incorporate the chocolate fountain dipping into a favor that can be placed at the table?  I thought maybe wrap two of the dipping sticks in a ribbon with a tag inviting guests to enjoy the fountain.....thoughts?
8-18-2012 Bride :)Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are favors a must??

• Options
    Favors are definitely not a must. I like your idea; I say go for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    Favors are completely unnecessary, so jus skip them.  I wouldn't try to call the chocolate fountain a favor, just have it as part of the evening.
  • Options
    We're not doing favors at our wedding.  I can't remember ANY of the favors that I have recieved a weddings, I feel like they are a waste of money.

I have never said that a wedding was "bad" becuase I didn't recieve a favor - I say go for the chocolate fountain!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What about charity favors?  I am thinking of doing this for my favors.  You can do it through the I Do Foundation and the Knot https://www.idofoundation.org/users/favors/
  • Options
    OK wow....just read the sticky post at the top of this board re:charity favors...I didn't realize it was a controversy...oops!
  • Options
    never been to a wedding without a favor and no one leaves them anymore cause most can be used and arent stupid trinkets...if you want to use the fountain as a favor make sure on them you put Thank you from bride and groom or something makes people feel special...I say they are a must
  • Options

I'm agree with bratto06's idea...

Wedding Countdown Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_are-favors-a-must?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:b9d4b322-071f-4849-866a-e538cd5a3c1ePost:7cb84458-786b-47a5-8634-c571da316b18">Are favors a must??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having about 130 guests at our wedding.  One of the extras I really wanted for the wedding was the chocolate fountain.  However, now I am stuck as to whether or not I should / have to / want to give out favors.  I have always found favors to be a silly trinket that often gets left on the table. Because we are having the chocolate fountain, a special treat for all guests, do we need favors? Also, any ideas as to how to incorporate the chocolate fountain dipping into a favor that can be placed at the table?  I thought maybe wrap two of the dipping sticks in a ribbon with a tag inviting guests to enjoy the fountain.....thoughts?
    Posted by rachelehenry[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>For my wedding favors i bought mini buckets and filling them with molded chocolate and candles as wedding favors. in my wedding color scheme as much as possiable. I think ur chocolate fountain  and dipping sticks is a great idea. enjoy.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards