New Jersey - South

The Westin in Mt. Laurel Reception

Has anyone had or been to a wedding reception at the Westin in Mt. Laurel? My fiancé and I looked at it today and thought it was a really nice place and it's price is within our budget. Neither one of us have heard anything about it so we wanted some kind of feedback before we signed any contract.

Re: The Westin in Mt. Laurel Reception

• edited December 2011
    awwwww is this my FSIL?

I just posted this on the nest too.....muah!
  • edited December 2011
    http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/49973492.aspx

reviews so far from the nest...clicky.

sorry....copy and paste the link.
  • edited December 2011
    We're having our reception there in August. Melanie was difficult to deal with in the beginning, however since my parents had a 'sit down' with her to lay out expectations, everything has been fine. The one thing about her is that the way she works is to do everything in the last like 3 months prior to your wedding. We felt that was unacceptable and I think she understands that now. Even my florist said that she (Melanie) works like that, but brings everything together in the end, which is what counts.

I have spoken with a few brides who have had their reception there and they said that their day was flawless (to their knowledge). They said that Melanie made sure everything ran smoothly, the food was good and the service was stellar.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • delia5588delia5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were trying to decide between The Westin and The Mansion - we ended up choosing The Mansion and were married there 2 weeks ago. Everything turned out perfect! The Westin's previous event manager is actually at The Mansion now.

Good luck deciding. They are both beautiful venues.
    Anniversary
  • lynzy333lynzy333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have had affairs at the Westin before it was the Westin and im getting Married there in September.  I had a slight Issue with Melanie, but it was resolved and I have had a couple friends who have had their affairs there and loved it.  I wanted a place where everything could be done from the ceremony, to the reception, to my guests staying over, to the brunch the next day.  There is not one doubt in my mind that my day there will not be perfect which is why I chose it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards