Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

DFW Area Venue Ideas...NEED HELP!!!

My fiance and I are really starting to search for venues for our wedding in October 2013, but we are noticing that its not easy to find places in our budget. I figured asking other brides would be the perfect thing to do. We have a really small budget, so we are wondering if anyone knows of a place where we can do the wedding and reception for under $2000...we are providing our own food, so they would need to allow that. If you know of any ideas please let me know...any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance! I am also willing to trade tips and other things...I am studying to become a wedding planner and I could help out in any way. (:

Re: DFW Area Venue Ideas...NEED HELP!!!

• Options
    When you say "own food," do you mean a caterer or homemade food or party trays? The only one I know of that allows for noncatered food is Winfrey Point at White Rock Lake.
  • Options
    I mean that my family and his family are cooking the food so that we can save money. Thank you for the suggestion...I will look into that location.
  • Options
    How big is your guest list?
  • Options
    We are having no more than like 140 people!
  • Options
    First, congrats on the engagement and for starting now on your planning for October!  

That being said, making food for 140 people is an ENORMOUS task.  Where will you be acquiring oven space, heating equipment, etc?  That's a ton of food to prep, so I hope that you have multiple people within your families that have quantity food experience (restaurants, catering, or the like).  There's a lot that goes into serving that many people, especially when it comes to food safety.  The last thing you want is for your guests to get a foodborne illness at your wedding because items weren't stored properly (hot or cold), cooked correctly, or cross-contaminated.  Unless you have someone with this kind of experience in your family and you have access to all the equipment you need, I would STRONGLY advise against this.  I'm sorry to be a killjoy and I'm not trying to be mean or rude in the least, so I hope it is not coming across that way.  :-/  I just have training in this sort of thing and know what a huge undertaking this is.

If you are looking for a place that has that kind of kitchen equipment, I don't think you are going to find anything like that to rent out.  That facility, if they rented it that way, could be liable for any illnesses or kitchen accidents, cost of equipment repair should it be mishandled, etc.  I can't imagine any facility would take that liability -- a good, honest business/facility will not.  FWIW, Black Eyed Pea and Sonny Bryans have great reviews from other Knotties and often times are priced around $10/pp, which is a heck of a deal.  By the time you add in the cost of your own ingredients + the time it would take for all of you to make the amount of food you need, I can guarantee you those catered prices are cheaper.

However, if you are looking for someplace that allows you to bring in outside catered food, Stephiehall made some great suggestions for you.  I can't remember if Event 1013 in downtown Plano allows outside catering or not, but it might be worth a look into.  Also, some other city-owned venues may let you bring in your own food as well.  I think Garland may be one of those cities --  you can check facilities on their parks and rec websites, typically.

Good luck!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I got married at Special Moments in Lewisville. The only thing is the venue only holds up to 100. But our ceremony/reception (we brought our own food) and the cost was under 3000.00 for 75 guests.
  • Options
    You could try the train station in downtown Frisco. They let you bring in your own food I believe... Otherwise.. you may also try a Civic Center.. I've been to a wedding at the Denton Civic Center before.. not sure how much they would charge though.. It was really pretty and I know it holds a lot of people.

Good Luck
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dfw-area-venue-ideasneed-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:0acabacc-a32d-4202-90ba-f87d56f80a64Post:6aa8c98c-1f68-499a-bfd5-ccf1d80d5595">Re: DFW Area Venue Ideas...NEED HELP!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got married at Special Moments in Lewisville. The only thing is the venue only holds up to 100. But our ceremony/reception (we brought our own food) and the cost was under 3000.00 for 75 guests.
    Posted by Meli.Mel[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hi Knottie!</div><div>
    </div><div>I was personally looking at Special Moments for my upcoming wedding on July 6th and I couldn't find any reviews for this venue and since you used them for your wedding. Do you have any suggestions or advice moving forward with this particular venue?</div>
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I reccomend Hickory Street Annex in Dallas TX. It is beautiful. If you need a Photobooth to add some fun, check out Pretty Deer Photobooths!

http://www.prettydeerbooths.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards