New York
Options

XP Hors D'oeuvers....

Hi ladies! FI and I just picked out our entree and beverage selections. However, we are still undecided about which hors d'oeuvers to serve during our cocktail hour. I would love to hear your opinions/advice. Here are the choices (we need to pick 4 or 5):

Swedish meatballs
garlic parmesan wings
hot wings
beef kabobs
chicken kabobs
sausage and cheese stuffed mushrooms
bruschetta
mini quiche
chicken fingers

If you were attending a wedding which ones would you like to see?
Thanks so much ladies!!

Re: XP Hors D'oeuvers....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've made notes, and rated them 1-9, with options 1-5 being my "top 5" that I would personally want to eat at a wedding :)

Swedish meatballs - could be messy? depends on how they're served. Also, keep the sauce in mind. Will it be prepared on the thicker, creamier side, or a little lighter? 6/9

garlic parmesan wings - quick story: My FI's formerly-favorite flavor from Wings, they come breaded without sauce. One night he ate them, the night before we were stuck in the car for 5 hours going to NJ. He burped ONCE, and we were stuck in the car with the awful after-smell the whole ride. So that, plus the fact that wings (if they're bone-in) are messy finger foods, puts them at 8/9

hot wings - 9/9 for being messy finger food

beef kabobs - I love me some kabobs 4/9

chicken kabobs - 3/9 for same reason as above

sausage and cheese stuffed mushrooms - 1/9 because I LOVE mushrooms stuffed with anything

bruschetta - 2/9

mini quiche - bet these would be adorable 5/9

chicken fingers - not fancy enough, IMO 7/9
    Photobucket
  • Options
    zqtpie4uzqtpie4u member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd do swedish meatballs, chicken kabobs, bruschetta and mini quiche. Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mmmm, they all sound good!

I'd say definitely the bruschestta and/or quiche because you're bound to have vegetarians in the crowd.
  • Options
    MelissaC315MelissaC315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_xp-hors-doeuvers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:d5b5d5d5-1e20-4939-815b-f3ddb9259c20Post:70380d26-feaf-41bf-a417-2a107e3c302d">Re: XP Hors D'oeuvers....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've made notes, and rated them 1-9, with options 1-5 being my "top 5" that I would personally want to eat at a wedding :) Swedish meatballs - could be messy? depends on how they're served. Also, keep the sauce in mind. Will it be prepared on the thicker, creamier side, or a little lighter? 6/9 garlic parmesan wings - quick story: My FI's formerly-favorite flavor from Wings, they come breaded without sauce. One night he ate them, the night before we were stuck in the car for 5 hours going to NJ. He burped ONCE, and we were stuck in the car with the awful after-smell the whole ride. So that, plus the fact that wings (if they're bone-in) are messy finger foods, puts them at 8/9 hot wings - 9/9 for being messy finger food beef kabobs - I love me some kabobs 4/9 chicken kabobs - 3/9 for same reason as above sausage and cheese stuffed mushrooms - 1/9 because I LOVE mushrooms stuffed with anything bruschetta - 2/9 mini quiche - bet these would be adorable 5/9 chicken fingers - not fancy enough, IMO 7/9
    Posted by lornarose07[/QUOTE]

haha I love your notes! Too funny, esp. your story about the garlic wings. That was my thought too... wings are yummy but wings + fancy attire= disaster (unfortunately haha). I never even thought about that garlic stench haha. double no.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would go with less messy and variety-- the kabobs, quiche, and mushrooms sound fantastic and they are don't have garlic, etc.

I know I'm in the mood for finger food now!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chelsea and zqtpie4u- thanks for your opinions!! Bruschetta and quiche are definitely on the list now. You're right... I def. want to make sure vegetarians have enough options too.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_xp-hors-doeuvers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:d5b5d5d5-1e20-4939-815b-f3ddb9259c20Post:e8fde9b2-068e-4fde-ad76-313c3b50e362">Re: XP Hors D'oeuvers....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would go with less messy and variety-- the kabobs, quiche, and mushrooms sound fantastic and they are don't have garlic, etc. I know I'm in the mood for finger food now!
    Posted by JN382[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking I'll go for those + bruschetta and I should be good. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definately keep in mind how messy/greasy things are. My top choice would be the stuffed mushrooms, because they are like my favorite thing in the world lol. I also think the quiche and kabobs would be good options as well.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would absolutely positively NOT do any kind of wings.  Recipe for fashion disaster.  From the ones you listed, I would choose...

beef kabobs and/or chicken kabobs
    bruschetta
    mini quiche

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There definitely seems to be a consensus. That was easy. Laughing Wings, I love you but you are out! haha. Good point about the messy factor ladies... that would be a disaster. I can just picture me digging into some garlic parm wings and being a hot mess. Not cute!

Thanks for the help!

• Options
    raes19raes19 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm starving and could really go for some of this food right now.... I'd be happy to sample them all and tell you which ones to go with Innocent
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_xp-hors-doeuvers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:d5b5d5d5-1e20-4939-815b-f3ddb9259c20Post:4a6ab1d8-b951-448c-9044-ec1e2dce6421">Re: XP Hors D'oeuvers....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with all the girls! BUT... could you do boneless wing bites, like on a tooth pick?? If they could do that- maybe that's an option....
    Posted by libordke22[/QUOTE]

That would actually be a fun idea... but they don't offer it. Otherwise that would be a lot less messy.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_xp-hors-doeuvers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:d5b5d5d5-1e20-4939-815b-f3ddb9259c20Post:69f2a4ff-56f0-4001-8ac4-4c0bd4ae2467">Re: XP Hors D'oeuvers....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm starving and could really go for some of this food right now.... I'd be happy to sample them all and tell you which ones to go with
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

Haha same! I think I need a second tasting... I'll bring you some :) haha.
  • Options
    bitofritsbitofrits member
    edited December 2011
    bruschetta
    mini quiche
    beef kabobs
    chicken kabobs
    Swedish meatballs

Here are my top picks in order.  Good luck!!
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards