Gothic Weddings
Options

Gonna be here for a while....

This is a post that I wrote on the other board that I am kind of attached to. :) I just figured this way I don't have to type it all out again....

My FH and I are actually thinking about postponing the wedding until next year. It makes me kind of sad and kind of relieved at the same time. Right now I'm just trying to look at the bright side. I'm sure it will hit me tonight when I try to go to sleep. I think this Mama might deserve a nice glass of wine before bed. Please don't get me wrong we are not in any way canceling, we are just trying to make a logical and practical decision. We are not financially ready to pay for all of the expenses this year. We have about 5 months to the original date that we had set and our budget is about $750 over budget with a lot of nips and tucks already. The plan is still the same, but instead of doing the wedding this July it would be in July 2011. I'm kinda sad. I need to think about my little ones though. I would like to enjoy the spring and summer gardening with my little girl. We also have some painting and redecorating in the house that needs to get done.

Soooooo, pretty much this gives me the chance to pay off my gown and have it altered, collect my accessories, and take care of all of the other things that need to be bought before big day. We will be saving a couple or a few thousand in a special wedding fund account for rentals, the cake, tuxedos, and flowers so next year's expenses won't be so big. I'm not going anywhere, but I figured I would just let you guys know. It's been a very hard decision to make, but in the end all of the same people will be there with us watching us take the next step in our lives.
Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: Gonna be here for a while....

• Options
    So sorry to hear about it, but happy for you!  Glad you have made a decision that you feel will benefit you all....little ones included.

There are alot of positives to post-poning.  I've noticed that just in the past few months that things that I see and put on my budget the $$ goes up dramatically when I go to order and end up going over what I had originally budgeted for the item in the first place!

I'm sure your little ones will enjoy the time with mama this spring and you'll be less stressed for it all as well.

You have some really great ideas and great taste...I'm sure that you'll be a great resource for all of the brides on this board.  Glad you're sticking around.  It'll be nice to read a familiar poster after I'm the Mrs. in March!
  • Options
    I imagine this was a really hard decision to come to and I'm really happy that you seem like you're in  good place with it. Everyone has to do what's right for them and their family...I'm glad you are able to do that and still have the wedding of your dreams.  :)

*on a more selfish note....yay! Now you'll be around for longer! :)
  • Options
    I feel so much better about everything....and thanks nycegrrl. :)
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards