Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Honeymoon on a budget

Does anyone know any good all-inclusive places to go? My parents are paying for a lot of the wedding. My fiance and i are spending as much as we can as well. We want to find a nice honeymoon place without breaking the bank. Is it better to go through a travel agent or like a Sandals resort?
Any ideas to save money?
Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon on a budget

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we booked through the sandals website vs using a travel agent. im not sure if that was better or not, but the prices on the website were the same that i was getting quotes from TA's so i just cut the middle man and did it myself.

what do you consider "breaking the bank"? some people would consider that to be less than 2k and others 10k.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well we are paying for the honeymoon ourselves. My aunt is giving us pretty much the plane tickets so that helps.
    With the plane tickets paid for I'd say we would like to stay max $2,000. The more under $2,000 the happier I will be.
    We are looking for a house after the wedding so the honeymoon has to be definitely budget friendly.
    Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011

how many days are you looking at? sandals may be out of your budget. i would suggest looking at the Couples resorts. i think they are generally cheaper and have gotten good reviews.

we went to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica for ten days and LOVED it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our honeymoon isn't all inclusive, but we are going to New Orleans for 5 nights and 6 days and in total we paid a little over $1300 through Orbitz (that is with airfare included so it would be even cheaper for you). We both enjoy urban exploring and we wanted to go somewhere that had a lot of available activities to keep us busy. We are staying at the Inn on Bourbon with a balcony room overlooking Bourbon Street.

We figured that we were going to spend right around $3000 for our honeymoon so after booking the trip, we were left with $1700 to spend on the honeymoon. That definitely made up for the lack of "all-inclusiveness" in our eyes. We've also been doing research online for all of the hot spots and deals and steals.

I think it's going to be wonderful, but I am worried about going in early June because of the heat. If nothing else, most of the bars and restaurants are air conditioned!

Good luck and I hope you find the perfect place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would try going to a TA.  They can look at all sorts of options and give some first hand experience.  We used Liberty Travel. It was nice having the TA back us up in case anything went wrong!  :)  You can find other really nice resorts that include more for a good price.  We went to Liberty to look into an anniversary vacation.  The TA told us that although Sandals is nice, they are getting older and you have to pay more to get things like room service etc, where as other resorts that are newer and just as nice offer more for less. (She said that Secrets in Jamaica is way nicer than Sandals and you get more for the money)  So I would look into a TA...especially if you have the plane tickets.  That sent us over the edge when planing our HM!  I hated having to pay for those!  LOL 

We went to Dominican Republic...the TA we spoke to this year said that Jamaica and Mexico are really nice places to go if you want excellent service (i.e. they speak good english, the food is better etc).  So next time we do AI we're going to either Mexico or Jamaica! 

Good Luck!

• Options
    khulsey13khulsey13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Montego Bay, Jamaica and staying at the Grand Palladium (included a link below) which is all inclusive. We booked through Boscov's Travel and I'm pretty satisfied with the help they've given us so far. We originally set up a registry through another travel agent to stay at Secrets in Montego Bay but it was way more expensive and it was for less nights. We're staying 5 nights and the total cost including flights was around $980/person. The resort is like two years old and looks amazing! The only extra thing you have to budget for are your passports if you don't have them already.

http://www.fiestahotelgroup.com/en/Hotels/Destination/America/Jamaica-Montego-Bay/Jamaica-Montego-Bay/Grand-Palladium-Jamaica-Resort-Spa
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards