Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

How Many Cookies?!

Fiance and I decided to do a cookie bar at our reception of 175 people.  We are having two cakes (bride & groom), so I'm not sure how much we need.

Any suggestions?!

Re: How Many Cookies?!

• Options
    I'm not entirely sure what a cookie bar is, but I'm thinking one of each flavor per guest...
  • Options
    I would plan on doing 3-4 cookies per guest.  Some will take more, some will take less.  But, I would say about 500-600 cookies for that size of guest list.
  • Options
    You don't mention whether you are going to have various cookies or just a selection of 2 - 3.

If this is the only dessert being offered, depending on how long they were out for me to select, I could eat from 3-4 in a few hour period. You don't specify whether there is enough cake for each guest to get a slice. But, if you have desserts out for 2-3 hours, most people will go back for more than one trip. If you have kids there, they will certainly get their fill, LOL.
  • Options
    Is the cookie bar your favor or just in addition to your cakes?  Why have I never been invited to a wedding with a cookie bar?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_how-many-cookies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:41ad0e49-28aa-442a-9830-a74deff3618cPost:591f7f6f-f939-4cf6-8583-8cff80acca89">Re: How Many Cookies?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is the cookie bar your favor or just in addition to your cakes?  Why have I never been invited to a wedding with a cookie bar?
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

Ditto this (both parts!).  I'm also wondering whether you are having a dessert reception, or whether the cake/cake-and-cookies are dessert after a full meal?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards