New York-Upstate

Capital Area DJ question

Is anyone here familiar with a DJ named Paul Malo, or has worked with him before? He came highly recommended by the coordinator at our venue when we booked it yesterday, but I've never heard of him before.

October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image

Re: Capital Area DJ question

• edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about him, mostly from reading (blog stalking) my photographers blog (Joe Elario Photography).  I don't think he has a website of his own though.

We booked Mike Garrasi (Music Man Entertainment,musicmanentertainment.com) for our wedding.  Mike is from Amsterdam, our hometown, so FI and I were very familiar with him.  He's also got great reviews online and has been extremely accommodating and easy to work with so far.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • pockysquirrelpockysquirrel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He's booked. So is Mike. Rats!
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • lehc723lehc723 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, I don't know this from someone who worked with him, but friends attended a wedding he DJed and I remember them complaining about him. I don't remember what he said, but they were unimpressed and told us to not work with him.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Oh no!  

When we booked Mike in August, he was already booked up for a lot of Sept/Oct dates in 2012.  I think we really got lucky that so many great vendors are available on 10/12/12.  Plus, I think having our wedding on a Fri night really helped us out.

I wish I had more suggestions for you, but Mike was the only DJ that we contacted.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards