September 2012 Weddings
Options

Share a....

funny thing you hear people say all the time that is just silly.

My braces just went on today and my friends dad was only given the weekend to live.  I know I'm not the only one who needs a good laugh.

Re: Share a....

• Options
    I was at the salon doing a trial for someone, and her mother made a comment that after the wedding she'll lose a few pounds when she does the wife chop. I didn't have the heart to tell her she wont even lose a 1/2lb. 

I heard that....
    Weighing like this works even better than cutting your hair.

• Options
    I only heard this once but I will never forget it-

I was at a bachlorette party and 2 of the BMs were extremely annoying and stuck up and after dinner myself, FSIL and FI cousin were walking behind them and heard them talking about being vegetarians and one said, "yeah, I'll go back to the vegan lifestyle after the summer, all these weddings just don't make it possible right now!" Mind you, they had all just eaten a meal with chicken and stopped to buy a pack of cigarettes. I said to FSIL- "Are cigarettes vegan?" 
  • Options
    hahaha.  I'll have to share that with my old friend, who is now vegan and a yoga instructor, who used to eat meat like a caveman and smoke like a chimney.
  • Options
    Follow up to Junebug...

How do you know when there's a vegan in the room?

....don't worry, they will tell you.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    My old boss would start every explaination with "What it is, is"  That drove me crazy but now FI and I just laugh about it.

Another former co-worker fell on a patch of ice leaving work one night and broke her ankle.  We worked at a call center type of job and everytime a client would call her the converstation would start out like this:
    Co-worker: "Hi {client}, how are you today?"
    Client: "I'm great! How are you?"
    Co-worker: "Broooo-ken"

It was funny the first 3 times, but after 8 weeks of it I was ready to strangle her with the phone cord.  Now FI and I just make fun of the way she used to say it.  Anytime something breaks around the house we look at eachother and say "it's broooo-ken!"
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    OMG you ladies are KILLING me!  I have my AS in Animal Science, BS in Agricultural Education with an emphasis in Meat Sciences.  I am very opinionated on the whole vegan thing, so your jokes are cracking me up! 

One of my good friends calls herself a hippy.  She doesn't allow her daughter (will be 2 next month) to eat anything processed, and anything artificial.  Last weekend we were at the school basketball game.  She was eating Skittles, and her little girl was staring up at her like "WTF Mom!" so she gave her this thing that looked like (and I'm sure tasted like) tree bark for the kid to chew on.  She also drinks diet pop.  I love her, but really?!
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options

I could use a laugh too - sorry to hear about the braces and your friend's father Dirty :(

Last night my son told me that he likes a little girl named Ayva in his class; he's in SK. I asked why he likes her and he said:
    "She likes Super Mario too and doesn't play with Barbies."
    So simple at that age! Laughing

invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_share-a?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ce2d1e72-ecbd-49dc-a2b7-69755f3cd41aPost:5d3cfaf1-b642-4c18-a100-df9511680b28">Re: Share a....</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG you ladies are KILLING me!  I have my AS in Animal Science, BS in Agricultural Education with an emphasis in Meat Sciences.  I am very opinionated on the whole vegan thing, so your jokes are cracking me up!  <strong>One of my good friends calls herself a hippy.  She doesn't allow her daughter (will be 2 next month) to eat anything processed, and anything artificial.  Last weekend we were at the school basketball game.  She was eating Skittles, and her little girl was staring up at her like "WTF Mom!" so she gave her this thing that looked like (and I'm sure tasted like) tree bark for the kid to chew on.  She also drinks diet pop.  I love her, but really?!
    </strong>Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]
    This made me <strong>LOL </strong>and I will be going home and sharing it with my FI b/c it reminds me of what I am always telling him about FSIL. Every time we see her there is something new we "can't" eat (the list of food we can eat is probably shorter), we were given pink salt for Christmas b/c white salt is bad.
    Anyway, I always tell him if she ever has a kid anytime they are at our house they'll be like "give me some chocolate/candy/cookie/sugar/flour/gluten" We don't live off processed food, or junk food and I don't plan on giving my child those things all the time, but I don't plan on being a food Nazi either. I just have a feeling, from the vitamins and organic food/treats she feeds her dog- a kid will be worse.
    But, at Christmas she had Pepsi in her trunk.
  • Options
    FI is a mechanic and I love hearing his funny stories after work.
    He had someone come in this week complaining that when they opened their car door the interior light wouldn't come on.  He get's in the car and the switch is turned to "off" instead of "door".  It's the simple fixes sometimes!
    image180 image85 image8 Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Don't you wish it stayed that simple mamameech lol

I was at the gym last night, these girls came in, walked around the gym talking to each other and drinking their water, never actually touched a machine. Then they changed and left. As they left a friend asked how their workout went as he was on his way in and they were like 'oh it was great, love a good workout' lol
  • Options
    My fiancé and my future in laws went on an Alaskan cruise. One of there stops was a tiny town, there wasn't much to do so they took a tour hosted by the cruise. The girl doing the tour was maybe 16 so it was probably her first job. So they walked around for a bit and literally the tour was of an old burger king that went out of business five years ago and she also pointed out and said look over there everyone it's A eagle!!!! She really should have said an eagle and it drives me nuts when people don't speak proper English. So now every time we see a bird we all say look its a eagle!!!!! I know it's mean to make fun of but I just can't help it. The moral of the story is if you ever go on an Alaskan cruise don't take a tour of a small town!
  • Options
    I live in one of the top employment areas of the US right now, and my employer is currently hiring, with ads in the paper.  We have a receptionist, but if she's on another line or busy, I answer.  My job is Accounts Receivable.  I enter tickets, send out bills, and make collections calls.  People call and come in and start giving me their resume and employment history.  I just say thanks and tell them I have no say in anything and I'll pass it along, yet they keep selling themselves to me. 

Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    I forgot!! There; Their & They're, they are different, you cannot use one and forget the other 2 exist and if you are in management please know how to use them if you are writing me an e-mail or memo b/c it takes all I have to not correct it and send it back to you. Proper grammar doesn't hurt either.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_share-a?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ce2d1e72-ecbd-49dc-a2b7-69755f3cd41aPost:a9da95e3-b2fa-47aa-a7c0-8aea2b1c01b4">Re: Share a....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I forgot!! There; Their & They're, they are different, you cannot use one and forget the other 2 exist and if you are in management please know how to use them if you are writing me an e-mail or memo b/c it takes all I have to not correct it and send it back to you. Proper grammar doesn't hurt either.
    Posted by junebug19[/QUOTE]

I received a flyer at home yesterday that had this error IN BOLD lol
    They spelled "there" instead of "their". It's such an eye sore! I can't understand how that went to print :P

On a site note, I get a kick out of my son every time we have to use public washrooms and tells me he peed in the "journal". "<em>I was on my tippy toes and I peed in the journal</em>!"  He's so proud!
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_share-a?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ce2d1e72-ecbd-49dc-a2b7-69755f3cd41aPost:802347a6-6192-4463-95de-7ad125fca135">Re: Share a....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Share a.... : I received a flyer at home yesterday that had this error IN BOLD lol They spelled "there" instead of "their". It's such an eye sore! I can't understand how that went to print :P<strong> On a site note, I get a kick out of my son every time we have to use public washrooms and tells me he peed in the "journal". " I was on my tippy toes and I peed in the journal !"  He's so proud!</strong>
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG that is so cute!!! I cant even stand it. I am an OT at a school and one of the boys I treat has Autism. He has a brother who also has Autism and is in the same grade as him because he was held back. Today when I asked him what he wanted to work on, he said "I want to work on finding my brother a lady." (theyre in 4th grade lol)  I thought it was so cute! </div>
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Dirty - sorry to hear that :-(

I hear a lot of the same stuff said at work by customers, but it's not silly. It's just annoying and stupid. Retail has really jaded me :-/
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @ eek... my 5 yr old nephew is on the autisim spectrum and can come up with the cutest/funniest things. He cracks us up all the time. His latest was when it came time to get a haircut (he has always just had a "buzz" cut) decided he wanted a "long" haircut. His reason why... his friend Marissa has (in his lispy voice) "wong bootifull haiw & i wants some too!" Had to laugh, never heard of anyone getting a "long" haircut! Tongue Out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards