Michigan-Detroit

Fun/creative photographer recommendations?

Hi all,

I am looking for a photographer.  I would like one that is relatively cheap ($2000 seems to be the going rate for starter packages), and I want one that is creative and fun - so far, I'm not quite sold on any portfolios that I've seen.  I do want some traditional family pics, etc... but I also want some playful/slightly goofy ones. I have a few ideas for pictures I want, but I also want my photographer to have more fun or cute ideas (as they should, in my opinion ;).  Is there anyone else in my situation, and have you found anybody?

So... I'm looking for recommendations on photographers in the metro-Detroit area that might fit the bill.  If I found the perfect photographer, I might be willing to pay a little extra.

Thanks!

Re: Fun/creative photographer recommendations?

• MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the stickies at the top of the thread list.  People there often post their vendors with prices and reviews.
  • edited December 2011
    You should try JSPhotography.  His name is Jason and he did my SIL's wedding and is doing mine! check out his site: http://www.photosbyjs.com/

He is a little over your budget, but you might like him :)
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    stickies are your best bet.  I LOVED my photographer - she had us laughing all day, and the sneak peaks I've seen so far is phenomenal. She was trying all sorts of crazy stuff with us, so she's super creative

www.innercirclephotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    Adam Sparkes and his assistant Brad were a lot of fun and do great work!
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy Boeve was awesome to work with and was creative with shots although she was a little above your budget

amyboevephotography.com
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVED our photog Brittani. She always came up with great poses and unique places for the photos to be shot. She does engagements, babies, kids, families, weddings. She is reasonably priced and an amazing photographer. She is also well priced since we're on a super tight budget of $3000 for our entire wedding.

http://www.brittanivaughnphotography.net/

or you can search Brittani Vaughn on Facebook.
  • edited December 2011
    Amanda Williams is amazing, but good luck getting a date. She was booked out years in advance. We got lucky.
  • amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Plum Soda Productions...they did mine and they were amazing....wonderful people and sooo creative! Take a look:

plumsodaproductions.com/blog

we are Amy and Dave

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For sure check out the camera chick! THey are amazing! Love, love, love them! Definatley my favorite vendor to work with! Pictures were amazing and totally captured moments that were truly wonderful! You will regrett it if you don't check them out!
  • edited December 2011
    Amy from Pure Amour Photography is such a gem! She's totally down to earth and fun and definitely within your budget [:
  • RHQ2011RHQ2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been checking into Lizabeth B Morris Photography. Shes in the Ann Arbor area, but she's SUPER cheap- $1000 and she looks pretty good. I have a super low budget too....still not sure
  • WhiteIslandWhiteIsland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the recommendations!  I will definitely check out the stickies, as well as the photographers mentioned.  I'm so excited to find mine! :)
  • lovetruly06lovetruly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_funcreative-photographer-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:5406b809-3a60-4c11-b898-339402860524Post:421c2e65-a766-46fd-9045-e153b8216289">Re: Fun/creative photographer recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Adam Sparkes and his assistant Brad were a lot of fun and do great work!
    Posted by Jashley05[/QUOTE]

<div>  Hey! I think I know who your talking about! he's a teacher at my school.</div>
    image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards