Christian Weddings

Guest List Help

We are having a semi-destination wedding in Colorado and wanting to still invite everyone, knowing that a lot won't make the 10 hour trip. FI's parents are hosting a reception in his hometown and the church I work for is hosting one for me as well. 

How many do you think we can invite? We want to stay under 125 in attendance but we can have up to 250 in the venue. 

PostCeremony-131.1

Re: Guest List Help

• ochemjennochemjenn member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of ladies on TK will say not to invite more than you want.  I would say you'd be ok inviting about 175.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    You will be shocked how many people will RSVP yes that you never in a million years thought would come, whlie people you were planning on having there RSVP no.  There is no hard and fast rule about what percentage of people you invite will or will not come.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, we're also getting married on a Tuesday which changes things since people are going to have to take like a week off of work to be able to come. 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • faith415faith415 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say invite the people you would want to be there as long as the number is under your limit. You never know who will decide to make the trip.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would invite everyone that you want to be there for your day like Faith said.  I agree with you that a lot of them won't be able to make it, but those who do really want to be there will be.  I just wouldn't invite over 250.
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    invite everyone you want there up to 250 as long as you can afford to host them all.  There is no magic number.  Likely, the circumstances around your wedding will cause more people to RSVP no, but you may be surprised.  As Sessions pointed out, people you think "never in a million years" will come and those you're sure will be there might have to miss it.
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I replied to you on the Destination Weddings board, but as the PPs said, and as I said there, people may surprise you... so never invite more than you can afford/have space for... when working with limitations assume 100% attendance simply because if they DO surprise you, you don't want to be left with no room or unable to afford their meal after you invited them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards