Connecticut
Options

~KOTW: Vanessa630~

CONGRATS!!

Everyone else, feel free to ask her any other questions.  Also, if you're interested in being Knottie of the week, please post here!

1. You & your FI/DH’s first name?

2. Wedding date?

3. Venue?

4. How did you and FI/DH Meet?

5. When did you know he was THE ONE?

6.  What do you love most about your FI/DH?
7. How long have you been together?

8. Do you live together? Why or why not?

9. How did FI/DH propose?
10. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why?

11. Where do you see yourself as a couple in 5 years? 10 years?

12. How many BM/GM do/did you have?
13. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
14. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far?

15. What is/was the hardest part of wedding plans for you?

16. What is/was your biggest splurge or must have for the big day? Deal finder?

17. What are you most looking forward to in regards to the wedding? Least?

18. Do you have any special day before the wedding traditions? Day of?

19. Where are you HMing?

20. What is the best thing you learned on TK?

21. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend? Why?

22. What is something you learned from TK that you never heard of prior?

23. What other boards do you visit on TK?

24. What do you do for a career? What does FI/DH do?

25. Do you want children?

26. Do you think you could be/will ever be a SAHM (stay at home Mom)?

27. Do you have any pets? Names?
28..Do you have any siblings?
29. What is your favorite food?
30. What is your favorite movie?
31. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol & Non-Alcohol)
32. What's one city you would love to live in for a year?
33. If you have/had an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on?

34. Describe yourself in 3 words.

35. When is your birthday?
36. What else do you want to share??

~Miss.~
~Mrs.~
**Password: kls114**
Photobucket
Anniversary

Re: ~KOTW: Vanessa630~

• Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. You & your FI/DH’s first name? Vanessa and Sean2. Wedding date? June 18, 20113. Venue? Mystic Seaport4. How did you and FI/DH Meet? (I LOVE this story, but I'll give the short version). We met during the first week of our freshman year at Fairfield University. He was sitting by himself in the cafe and I was with my friend (MOH). I felt so bad that he was sitting by himself that I got the courage to actually motion for him to come over. It was one of those things where I just forced myself to do it, because I'm not normally like that. So he did one of those "looks behind him" to see who I was motioning to and then realized it was him.  I thought he'd be this shy, quiet freshman. instead, he started talking with this loud Boston accent and made me laugh for like an hour.5. When did you know he was THE ONE? We became really great friends freshman year. During the beginning of sophomore year, I was having a difficult time and started hanging out with him more. I knew he was the one because it just felt so comfortable. 6.  What do you love most about your FI/DH? His sense of humor
    7. How long have you been together?  6 1/2 years
    8. Do you live together? Why or why not? After school, i moved back home with my parents in CT and he moved back home to MA so we did the commuting thing. I finally moved in with him this year after getting an internship in MA.9. How did FI/DH propose? Disney World!!! I ruined his plans to propose in Epcot, near the Eiffel Tower, so he ended up proposing in the gazebo on our walk back to the Boardwalk.
    10. How long of an engagement are you having/did you have? Why? 2 years. I was in a really "rational" mindset and suggested we do a 2-3 year engagement since I'm going back to school for my doctorate and he's working full time and going back for his MBA. I STILL won't be done with school when we're married but I figured it would give us plenty of time to plan. I'm so glad we didn't go with the 3 year suggestion because I CAN'T WAIT. 
    11. Where do you see yourself as a couple in 5 years? 10 years? 5 years, I'll finally be done with school so hopefully we'll have a nice house and a baby. 10 years: hmm I'll be 36 sooo hopefully having a great career with lots of vacation time to spend with DH/children in Disney.12. How many BM/GM do/did you have? 6 each
    13. Favorite wedding vendor so far? I've been really happy with all of our vendors so far. But I'm most excited about our photographer: Studio1923. I'm SO EXCITED.
    14. Biggest piece of wedding advice you can share so far? There's the terrible stereotype of a bridezilla but then there's the opposite: The bride/groom who try to make everybody happy. With approx 150 guests, that's going to be hard to do. So I think that the best thing is to sit down with FI and figure out what you want and then go from there. 
    15. What is/was the hardest part of wedding plans for you? The hardest part has been figuring out ceremony details. We went with a Saturday eve reception for a number of reasons so now we're trying to figure out how to deal with a possibly huge gap, and I'm trying to take my own advice from #14.16. What is/was your biggest splurge or must have for the big day? Deal finder? Biggest splurge was photography, which I couldn't be happier about. Deal finder? Vistaprint!! 17. What are you most looking forward to in regards to the wedding? Least? I'm most looking forward to walking down the aisle. I'm least looking forward to people coming to me with family drama. 18. Do you have any special day before the wedding traditions? Day of? No traditions....other than taking pictures with my dog and cat, which I've done for every prom/dance/graduation :)19. Where are you HMing? Hawaii 20. What is the best thing you learned on TK? I've learned SO MUCH. I don't even know where to start. I have a few word documents on my computer where I just copy and paste advice about vendors, etiquette, everything...21. What Knottie wedding would you love to attend? Why? All of them :) I also love reading about Kim's plans. She's having a long engagement, like me, so it's been really exciting to read about how her plans are coming together as she books vendors, etc. 22. What is something you learned from TK that you never heard of prior? This whole experience has been an education in wedding planning. Right now, flip flop baskets are coming to mind but I'm sure there's a bunch of other things. 23. What other boards do you visit on TK? I browse some other ones, like the June 2011 boards and HM boards, but I love the CT boards24. What do you do for a career? What does FI/DH do? I'm a full time student going for my doctorate in clinical psychology and FI works for an Insurance company, while working on his MBA.25. Do you want children? Yes, but I'm not sure how many26. Do you think you could be/will ever be a SAHM (stay at home Mom)? It's definitely tempting but I've invested so much time/money in this degree so I would love to make my own hours and do a part time thing for a while.27. Do you have any pets? Names? My cat, Sadie, is back home with my parents. I miss her SO MUCH.  I also have a German Shepherd, Lacey, but she's more my parents' dog.
    28..Do you have any siblings? Nope
    29. What is your favorite food? Cannolis
    30. What is your favorite movie? Dirty Dancing
    31. What is your favorite drink? (Alcohol & Non-Alcohol) Alcohol: Malibu Baybreeze or any fruity beer. Non-Alcohol: Coffee
    32. What's one city you would love to live in for a year? Rome
    33. If you have/had an extra $5000 to put towards your wedding only, what would you spend it on? Hmm I'm struggling with this question. I think that we don't have an extra $5000, I haven't let my mind go there.
    34. Describe yourself in 3 words. Caring, sensitive, loves animals (sorry, 4 words)35. When is your birthday? 6/30/84
    36. What else do you want to share?? So overwhelmed with school work right now that I don't have time to go to school today (plus this rain is depressing)...but filling out KOTW had to come first :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great answers!  I love learning about the other ladies on the board via KOTW!!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards