Moms and Maids
Options

bridesmaid and best man breaking up

So one of my good friends and my FL best friend date, they have been dating longer than me and my FI actually, so when we got engaged naturally, we asked both of them to be in the wedding my FI chose him as his bestman, but she is just a bridesmaid to me because my sis is my moh. well they got in a huge fight last week and basically broke up. they could get back together but i honestly think it is unlikely they will and that is probably for the best, they have been fighting A LOT.... I do not want either of them to leave the wedding party. but she is the type to have drama on things like this. anyone have an advice?????? :/
Soon to be Mrs. Roberts :)Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Re: bridesmaid and best man breaking up

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_bridesmaid-man-breaking-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:e14409bc-7807-4552-953a-ef4579743e9aPost:79aed7ff-f53f-4df4-9d55-58dec6e205d5">bridesmaid and best man breaking up</a>:
    [QUOTE]So one of my good friends and my FL best friend date, they have been dating longer than me and my FI actually, so when we got engaged naturally, we asked both of them to be in the wedding my FI chose him as his bestman, <strong>but she is just a bridesmaid to me</strong> because my sis is my moh. well they got in a huge fight last week and basically broke up. they could get back together but i honestly think it is unlikely they will and that is probably for the best, they have been fighting A LOT.... I do not want either of them to leave the wedding party. but she is the type to have drama on things like this. anyone have an advice?????? :/
    Posted by kendalldavis[/QUOTE]

Wow, so since she is "just a bridesmaid" she must be easily disposable huh?

As far as you doing anything...you don't, you stay out of it.  They are adults and should handle this themselves.

• Options
    No I didn't mean that she was disposable just that my FI and his BM have been friends since they are kids. because he is dating her is the reason me and her became friends. I was saying the reason she a bridesmaid and not my MOH is because I have a sister that is my MOH
    Soon to be Mrs. Roberts :)Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    Your wedding is at the end of September.  Stay out of it, don't say anything and trust that they will both be adults about this. 
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    You never know what could happen before September. They could be back together again or in relationships with other people. It's a pretty safe bet to think they will have adjusted to their new status, whatever it is, by then. Stay out their problems and see what happens.

• Options
    If it is still a problem closer to the wedding, help them keep their distance from each other.  Don't stand them next to each other in pictures, or seat them next to each other at dinner, etc.  If one of them can't handle even that, it's on them to step down.

In the mean time, be careful what kind of support you offer.  Obviously, you don't want to engage in a bash the ex session.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was the MOH and my boyfriend-at-the-time was BM at my friend's wedding in Sept 2010. We broke up two weeks before the wedding. Neither of us even had a thought about leaving. We talked about it and agreed not to bring dates out of respect for each other, but mostly for our friends. We ended up getting back together the day of the wedding. Haha. We're not together anymore, but our relationship didn't affect the wedding at all.

If they let it affect the wedding, I would reconsider even having them as friends. They should be able to put that aside for you two. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it now. Things will change between then and now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Your bridesmaid and FI's best man are both old enough to decide whether they can act like adults while in each other's company, or whether they would prefer to back out of the wedding.  It's not your place to decide.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards