Catholic Weddings

I'm a Mrs!! (XP from SB, PIP with recap)

Thursday:
I like to call this my "bad day" of the weekend. I went to our hometown with one of my BMs to start pulling stuff together.  Most of you know my dad and I have a rough relationship and his life is really falling apart. Well, I had checked email and FB when I got to his house and didn't log out (I just Xed the screen) so when he went in, it went to mine instead of his.  He decided to take it upon himself to snoop through my FB messages with only my mom and I and found some stuff where we were venting to eachother about some crap he was pulling. Mind you, this convo happened over a month ago and she was very far down in the chat list.  He claims he didn't know it was my FB until he got to that convo.  Bullshite.  He still refuses to acknowledge that he did anything wrong snooping.  I understand that what we said hurt him, but NOTHING justifies him breaching my privacy like that.  He knew exactly what he was looking for, and he jumped at the opportunit to snoop. It made me so angry that he did that, especially 48 hours before the wedding.  Just to keep the peace, I dropped it and apologized for hurting him and asked if we could forget about it for the weekend.  He was also threatening not to come to the wedding, so I had to beg him to come.  I spent the day feeling sick to my stomach and really upset.

Friday:
The rest of the WP came to town and we set up the reception hall.  Each side of the WP rehearsed the dance-off (the boys eventually kicked our asses... they did SUCH a good job lol.)  We had the rehearsal and then went to the rehearsal dinner.  I was getting pissed at my dad b/c he was constantly checking his phone during the rehearsal, but I was too distracted to ask him to stop.  WELL, we're sitting down to dinner, my dad's phone rings, and he gets up and leaves the room.  I was really mad that he did that.  However, he comes back in and THERE IS MY HOST FAMILY right behind him! When I lived in France 5 years ago, I had the most amazing host family and I had invited them to the wedding but they had too much going on to come (or so they told me).  I was soo excited and surprised.  My dad knew my host dad from when my dad had come to visit, so they cooked this suprise up for me.  Best wedding present ever.  They literally flew in FROM FRANCE for the weekend.  They stayed at my dad's too (as did I the night befoe the wedding) so I was able to visit with them for a couple hours after the rehearsal dinner.

Saturday:
Honestly not much to "describe".  Everything pulled together perfectly, and we couldn't have been happier with the day.  It felt perfect.  Even though there were little snags, it honestly didn't matter to us or phase us.

I did find out yesterday that my dad not only confronted/cornered my mom before the reception, he also did the same to my godmother (mom's sis) and mom's best friend, freaking out at them that mom is "corrupting" her kids against him.  Really dad? Not the time or place.  They told him so, and he obviously didnt hear it.

All in all, it was wonderful (other than my dad being a jerk).  Here are some non pro pics!

Cookies FMIL (oh man, MIL, not FMIL!)  made for the rehearsal dinner.

The makings of a candy buffet!

Centerpieces

Wedding dress detail (SIL took this, I love it!)

The whole WP

Vows!!

We're married!!! Enjoying champagne in the limo.

Re: I'm a Mrs!! (XP from SB, PIP with recap)

• Sorry to hear about how your Dad was acting. At least he helped get your Host Family there. :)

Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations!  You looked beautiful!  It's too bad that your dad caused drama, but it sounds like overall things went really well.  I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

• What a roller coaster of a weekend! Glad things worked out ok on the Dad front. What an amazing surprise to have your host family there!

Oh, and, you know ... major huge big time congratulations!!! *hugs*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations!
    Anniversary

• Wow, congratulations! Sounds like you had a really rollercoaster weekend, but the wedding looks like it was beautiful.

On the FB snooping: I make it a policy to *always* log out whenever I leave a computer, even my own. That way, this stuff can't happen. T never does, which has occassionally put me in situations where I accidentally start using his FB (we have lots of similar friends, so sometimes I just don't notice), or where I've been sorely tempted to look through his email. I keep myself from snooping, but I'd rather that he would log himself out!
  • Oh congratulations!!  You look so beautiful! :o)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Congrats!!!  I'm so happy for you.  I'm glad that even though there was some drama, you were able to kinda shut everything out and just enjoy the big day!  You looked beautiful, and YOU'RE MARRIED!  *Hugs*

• Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Congratulations!
  • yay! congratulations!
    Anniversary
  • Congratulations!  Everything looked beautiful! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hooray and congratulations!!!  Everything looks lovely and looking forward to more pictures :-)  
  • Congratulations!  You look beautiful, and your church is really pretty too!  I love the ceremony pics.

Enjoy your newlywed time!

SaveSave
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Wow! Beautiful! Congratulations and thanks for sharing the pics!
  • Wow!  Lovely pictures!  Congratulations!
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards