Offbeat Weddings

Wedding ceremony after courthouse wedding

We got married at the courthouse june 21 and have already paid and planned for a wedding Oct 7. I'm about to send out our original invites but I'd like to include an insert saying we've already gotten married but we'd still like everyone to join to celebrate ( we're still having ceremony etc) does anyone have any ideas for wording? I'm completely stumped!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wedding ceremony after courthouse wedding

• I'd make it playful. Something about not being patient enough to wait until our actual wedding so we ran to the courthouse, but we've come to our senses and want to have you join us for our big ceremony and celebration. ?? I don't know. Good luck.
  • Warning, do over weddings are not well received on the boards here at TK. You're likely going to get negative feedback for that. The reason being is you're already married, you only get married once, after that its actually a vow renewal. Many people find it to be offensive as well to the people who choose to go the small, intimate or JOP route for their weddings.

Maybe searching for a vow renewal invitation will also help to show that you're already married as that's what the second ceremony is actually called.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_wedding-ceremony-after-courthouse-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:c122b770-5a12-4bb0-81b6-5d8727d6b9c0Post:fda2c357-3c53-4de8-9048-c6d86058103f">Re: Wedding ceremony after courthouse wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Warning, do over weddings are not well received on the boards here at TK. You're likely going to get negative feedback for that. The reason being is you're already married, you only get married once, after that its actually a vow renewal. [/QUOTE]

<div>If people want to snark that's their business but not everyone here is judgemental and believes the only type of wedding is one approved by Emily Post. All celebrations of love, committement, and unity should be allowed to be celebrated in whatever way makes the couple and their family/friends happy.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_wedding-ceremony-after-courthouse-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:c122b770-5a12-4bb0-81b6-5d8727d6b9c0Post:5e4f90ac-f4d3-4ec6-94ff-32cfbfc9f5c8">Re: Wedding ceremony after courthouse wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding ceremony after courthouse wedding : If people want to snark that's their business but not everyone here is judgemental and believes the only type of wedding is one approved by Emily Post. All celebrations of love, committement, and unity should be allowed to be celebrated in whatever way makes the couple and their family/friends happy.
    Posted by anssett[/QUOTE]

There was no snark in my answer, trust me you would know if I chose to do so. I was simply providing the actual fact only advise to the OP. If you get married once, you're married... unless you chose to divorce, you're still married, therefore it's not a wedding. A vow renewal can be a beautiful event, and in no way was I knocking the OPs choice to have one to celebrate with their family. For me personally its too soon after, but that's my preference. I will be doing a vow renewal eventually with FI, he's expressed interest in doing so to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Way in advance, but if its that important to him to mention it now, then its something I know we'll be doing come that time :)
  • wedding is the most imortant function of anyone's life so must be fantastic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards