Snarky Brides

Ok etiquette police, meal help

I want to have a simple, fun wedding, and keep my 50 guests from starving. (I actually went to a wedding last night that was at 6pm and they served raw veggies, fruit, and HALF croissant chicken sald sandwiches! gasp)lol. I would like to do mid-afternoon, outside, and serve fried chicken and the works. I know, I know, but I'm southern, and we don't celebrate w broccoli. What do you think?

Les enfants disent que les gens sont suspendus pour parler la v?rit?. Je n'ai pas peur, je suis n? pour le faire. Joan d'Arc R.I.P. Sophia please visit www.truthforsophia.com

Re: Ok etiquette police, meal help

• This might be a better question for the actual etiquette board.

But I like fried chicken in the afternoon.  As long as you have enough for everyone than sounds good for me.

If your ceremony/reception goes longer than a couple hours, you might want to consider a round of appetizers.

If I went to that wedding you described I would be pissed.  I hate chicken salad.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • That sounds like fun.  Check out BecW2be's profile (search for it)- she had an awesome daytime picnic type reception, it might give you some good ideas.

• Sounds good to me.  I could go for some fried chicken right about now.  Yum!

• Aside from suggesting that you provide something else for vegetarians (like a pasta salad), I think that sounds fine. Just make sure you have enough sit down seating for everyone. Fried chicken isn't really a "stand around and mingle" food. Good luck!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Yum! We served bbq chicken & ribs w/red bliss potato salad, baked beans and cucumber tomato salad. It was so good. We offered veggie burgers for the vegetarians.
  • I see nothing wrong with fried chicken!  Bec's bio that Kiki suggested is actually a really great one to look at. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • I am from the south too and there is nothing I would enjoy more than fried chicken at an afternoon wedding - yum!! Maybe some gourmet mac-n-cheese too?!
  • You know there is an actual etiquette board, right?

I think it is interesting this is now perceived as the etiquette board.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ok-etiquette-police-meal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:fe8700dd-a7d4-440f-abfb-6d2efe31c6e2Post:5cf2dd95-77f0-4c4c-ba0d-baf48aa2bb2b">Re: Ok etiquette police, meal help</a>:
    [QUOTE]You know there is an actual etiquette board, right? I think it is interesting this is now perceived as the etiquette board.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

But the etiquette board is mean and scary! Those bitches are cutthroat. Plus, didn't you hear it's validation central over here?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Sounds good, as long as its not KFC.  I heard some pretty bad things on how they treat the chickens.  It's been a couple of years since I've had KFC.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards