Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Hay Bales

I am getting married this November and need a bit of help. I was thinking of renting hay bales to set up at my ceremony for guests to sit. I am having trouble trying to source them out and getting prices. Any feedback is very much appprieciated as well as other ideas for a vintage country wedding. Thank you! Smile

Re: Hay Bales

• Options
    Maybe posting on your local board about hay bales might help you with finding vendors who can cater to your needs.  I'd just worry about people having allergies.  Sitting them on hay bales might not be such a good idea.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Feed stores.  I know there is one in Winter Garden and one in Apopka - not too sure how close you are.

FWIW, it would be a good idea to have quilts/blankets to toss on top.  Hay is itchy and some people have allergies.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Thank you I didnt even think about allergies! I just thought it may be cheaper than making my own benches like I've been thinking of doing
  • Options
    My fiancee's mother actually has some quilts she has bought. The hay bales were her idea but I have seen so many cute pictures. Thank you!
  • Options
    GL finding some!

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    I've seen pictures recently of benches made from just a slab of wood on top of hay bales.  That way people wouldn't have to sit directly on the hay!
  • Options
    I never thought of that! Thanx!
  • Options
    I always thought hay bales were actually pretty comfortable...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_hay-bales?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:9a64974e-83d0-45d8-ab59-84830be0ebbdPost:7abb8733-f402-42dc-8a45-8078d30ac741">Re: Hay Bales</a>:
    [QUOTE]I always thought hay bales were actually pretty comfortable...
    Posted by staceycaines[/QUOTE]

I personally think they are comfy but I don't know about using them for a wedding.

Could you rent benchs instead?
  • Options
    vexievexie member
    First Comment
    Hay bales can be great to sit on if you're in jeans... but they can be really prickly if you don't have a lot of protection.  How long will your ceremony be?  I wouldn't want to sit on one for too long without being able to move around  because of the lack of back on them.  If you decide to go with this this idea I'd be spreading the word so people can dress accordingly and come prepared.
    84image 73image 11image Wedding date: June 11, 2011 :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    They would have huge quilts over them. We might just make benches though and we have antique chairs with backs for the older guest. Thank you all for your comments.
  • Options
    I lovve the hay bales & quilts idea. It's your family & friends, they know you, I'm sure they will like it too :]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards