New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Case of the Mondays

Hi everyone,

What did you this weekend? It was really nice all weekend so I hope you all took advantage of the weather! Brides, do anthing WR or have any checks? Do you want to accomplish a goal this week?

For myself: on Friday DH, and our two best friends went out to dinner on Friday night to PF Changs (we were suppossed to go to Heartland Brewery in the city but plans changed), Saturday we went to Lake Compounce in Bristol Ct; it was fun, and today I did laundry and food shopping with my mom and the we went out K-Mart and TJ Maxx and got some stuff for the house, yay!

Re: Case of the Mondays

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It was a busy weekend!  Thursday was an exciting day - we went and had our engagement portraits taken.  It is a little late since we got engaged in October, but our photographer offered to throw them in.  When we get the proofs, I'll share them!!  Friday I had lunch with two of my cousins.  It was great to have the chance to catch up.  Saturday I went to my mom's.  We were able to order tote bags for all of the bridesmaids and the flower girl for part of their wedding gift.   When I got home, FI and I went out for some appetizers and drinks.  Today I got some laundry done and FI and I went to the last concert on the Brooks and Dunn tour up in Bethel. 

Tomorrow I'm heading into school to go check out the new students when they come in for orientation.  (I better head to bed now since I am so not used to getting up at 6AM anymore!!!)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our engagement pics taken also! Then we had a wedding Friday night on Long Island.

My parents came Saturday to visit and take us to dinner, I found my new favorite restaurant the food was so good - and lucky me, that's where my shower will be in a few weeks!

Yesterday I addresses all of our RSVP envelopes because our invitations will be mailed right after Labor Day! So excited!

This week I need to buy all of the postage but I need to weigh them first once I get the envelopes back from the calligrapher, and I need to buy my shoes. I have a bridal shower / bachlorette party for a friend so I will be busy with that!
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a great weekend, This was our vacation week which started in Cape Cod, only to have two nice day's and then the deluge of rain.  We packe it in and came home for two day's and booked a campsite up in Lake George.  The weather was beautiful, Sat we took the girls to Great Escape and yesterday, we just relaxed, took in the scenery and then drove back home. 

So today, I'm left with the aftermath of leaving two teenage boy's home alone (actually 20 & 17) loads of laundry and dishes that never seem to make it from their room down to the kitchen let alone the dishwasher. 

With the wedding only 7 weeks away, I really have to get my act in gear.  On a side note, we're starting to get our responses back and all are yes !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This week my goal is to finish making my STDs and finally get them mailed out by next week!!

• Options
    SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This weekend was much needed!  We attempted our first vacation with the dogs (my FSIL and her husband have a pup from the same litter as our dog). They were insane, but we actually had a lot of fun.  It was nice to get some sun and get away from everything for a bit.

Grad school starts back up this week and I'm not ready for it yet. I'm taking on a lot this semester and I know how tough it's going to be. I'm still debating on what to do about it. Part of me just wants to take a lighter load and graduate later, another part of me just wants to tough it out.

On the wedding front, we have all of our big vendors settled, deposits down, contracts signed!  We actually at our 13 month mark today and I am itching for September to get here to celebrate a year! We're going shopping for MOB dresses this weekend, which should be good because my mom's been pretty excited to get that started.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Saturday was pretty relaxing.  HH started a class Saturday mornings, so I went to the farmers market and spent some time with his mom, like a good DIL. Then I came home and started laundry.  Went to my parents for dinner because then HH went to his second job. I came home and watched a movie and that was it

Sunday- was some cleaning, helping in the yard and we went to the last Brooks & Dunn concert in Bethel Woods.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

This weekend was a very low-key weekend,

On Fri i put togeather the rest of the favors for my brothers suprise party :)

Sat we did some yard work,then i convinced my mom to go clothes shopping with me :)

and Sunday we did  nothing but lounge around the house and watch movies all day.

• Options
    MidgetteMidgette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i <3'd this weekend.

Friday Nite - Pizza and TV with H 

Sat - H had the whole day off so we spent a much needed day together, just us! It was great. We went shopping, went to dinner on the Hudson, drove around house hunting, and then hooked up his computer to our tv and watched a movie online. I didnt want the say/nite to end

Sunday -  went to a 100yo bday party, and ended the weekend with laundryyyyyyyy

• Options
    smatuzasmatuza member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    friday my sister slept over our house.  i practiced doing her makeup and hair.   we ordered pizza and all watched a movie.

saturday DH went to work in the morning, i did sister's hair and makeup for a wedding she was going to, and then i cleaned the house.  we had a ufc fight night party with dh's friends from work.

sunday we woke up exhausted because we went to bed at 3am.  went to in-law's house for sunday pasta lunch like we do every sunday.  i brought my proofs and MIL picked the photos for her parent album.  after that, we came home and lounged and watched a movie.  had leftover wings and pizza for dinner :)

this week i have to go back to work and start setting up my classroom, what happened to summer?!  it feels awfully short for some reason, must be that all of july was taken up by a minor event in my life Wink
    Anniversary
    my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I definitely have a case of the Mondays as well. I am new to this board but really quickly - FI and I live in Central Jersey, but the wedding will be at the Renaissance Westchester. I'm from Westchester County as well.

We had a nice weekend - Saturday we did a major cleaning of the apartment and on Sunday we had my parents and FI's parents over for what was going to be just a light lunch. We started having apps at 1 p.m. and sat at the table talking and eating till 7 p.m. It was really nice! Smile

My goal for this week is also finishing up my STDs. We've got a few that are going out to FI's family in Portugal so we need to have them translated by his dad. Aside from that it's smooth sailing to a nice long weekend!

You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.- Dr. Seuss Wedding Countdown Ticker
    83 Invited image 32 Attending image2 Declined image Still Waiting 49 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy to be back on the knot! I was at the fair three evening last week and was just so tired on the days I wasn't there. Friday went out with friends for dinner, Saturday was up at the Dutchess county fair (and it took three hours to get there) Sunday just mostly relaxed with DH. I even took a nap while he was watching a game because I was so tired. And tonight my apartment cabinets are finished! Looking forward to a wedding this weekend. It will be nice to get away. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards