South Carolina-Charleston

outdoor wedding backup plan

we are thinking about getting married on the beach and i want to have a back up plan in case it rains but not sure how to go about that....obviously i don't want to have a second place all decorated and ready to go just in case....and are there any churches/indoor ceremony locations that will let you use your own officiant??
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: outdoor wedding backup plan

• edited December 2011
    Lots of places recommend getting a tent and just having it on standby. That is my plan as much as I hope I don't have to use it. I know this probably isn't extremely helpful, but it's probably your cheapest option.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • cougarettecougarette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree about the tent, especially since you'll be on the beach. 

Where are you planning to have the reception?  Could you move the tables over or use some other space in the event of rain?  That's what we ended up doing - we got married in the foyer area of our venue and had the reception upstairs.  I'm glad we didn't spend the money on a tent since we had the room.

To answer your other question, most churches require you to use their pastor.  But most other venues allow you to bring in your own officiant.

2013 Reading Challenge

2013 Reading Challenge
    Amanda (cougarette) has read 10 books toward her goal of 75 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    Conact Mike He'll hook you up!!www.winshipproductions.com/" target="_blank">

www.Winshipproductions.com

WinshipProductionsSlideshow.wmv
    www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001082493079#!/pages/Winship-Productions/109107415801225" target="_blank">Please become a Fan on Facebook
  • edited December 2011
    The Unitarian Church in Charleston allows you to bring in your own officiate and so does the Charleston Chapel, but like anything...there is a price tag attached to it.

Rain backup suggestion, book your reception in a close by facility that will allow you to hold your ceremony there as well in case it rains.  As you cannot put a tent up on the beach in Charleston, it is highly recommended that you hav an alternative in place. 

Also remember that there a lot of the beaches here in the Charleston area do not allow weddings on the beach or organized events.  Folly is one of the few left that will still allow beach weddings but book early as dates go fast to guarantee your area.

Hope this helps. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also having an outdoor ceremony and hoping for the best with the weather. But to be safe (safer) we're probably just going to have some umbrellas on hand. Also, our reception venue is big enough that if it really became an issue, we'd make arrangements early to move the ceremony in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards