Ohio-Toledo
Options

Need Bridal Shop HELP!!

I have heard so not so nice things about Gallipo's.  I went there last weekend, and everyone seemed alright, however, I didn't see anything I liked.  I will be back up in Toledo in a few weeks to try the dress thing again.  Does anyone know of any dress shops (No David's Bridal) in the Toledo area?  Input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: Need Bridal Shop HELP!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only other one I know of is Atlas Bridal on Monroe Street.  http://www.atlasbridalshop.com/ I know some people have had bad experience's there, but mine was great.  Other than having an over the top sales woman. 

I hated Davids Bridal, and wanted nothing to do with it.  But I did go just to try on more dress' cause I was having so much fun.  In all honestly, I had my best experience there.  I was shocked with how happy I was.  And that's where I ended up getting my dress from.

If you do a search, Barbra's House of Bridal comes up.  DO NOT GO THERE.  Horrible place!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Atlas and had great service, though as PP said, I've heard of others who have not had the best service. I ended up getting my dress here and it's the only store I went to, so I don't have any personal opinions on anywhere else.

However, there's a newish wedding dress consignment store in BG - Encore Bridal I think it's called - if that might be something you're interested in. I've never been there, nor do I know anyone who has, but it's on N. Main St.
    Planning & Married Bios

Anniversary

PAL/PGAL Welcome

My TTC Chart
    BFP #1 12/13/08 - mc 12/26/08
    BFP #2 12/2/09 - emergency surgery for ectopic 12/5/09

Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress from Atlas along with 2 bridesmaid dresses and I had an awesome experience!

I recommend trying to go there on an off time because the store is a little small and I heard it can get cramped if they are busy.

Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The ladies at Atlas were rude to me.  They didn't seem like they wanted my business.  I was the only one in the store, but they didn't want to help me.

The consultant at David's Bridal was much nicer to me, so I ended up getting my dress there.  Not the best quality dress, but I don't like giving business to people who are rude to me.
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I went to Atlas, David's Bridal, and also Kleinfelds in NYC (just for fun-- I refuse to spend thousands of dollars on a dress) but the BEST experience I had was at
    "I Do Too!" bridal boutique in Plymouth, MI.

http://www.idotoobridal.com/

I know Plymouth isn't in Toledo, but it's only 45 minutes away and so worth it. Their dresses are gorgeous (check out the website for designers) and so reasonably priced. I chose a Sottero and Badgley gown for less than $1000 that I have seen elsewhere for over $1300. Plus, when you get your bridal gown there you get a discount on accessories, bridesmaid dresses, and MOB/MOG dresses... AND brides get a free special occasions dress!! Also, the consultants do not work on comission so I didn't feel any pressure.

I couldn't recommend it enough! :)

• Options
    Altoid_StormAltoid_Storm member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved Atlast Bridal. I do suggest going to any shop during a weekday though

If you can head about 45minutes north, I went to a few places in Ann Arbor. I highly suggest Darling Bridal and B. Ella Bridal. Both are amazing and the people there are great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards