California-Inland Empire

We booked Cancun!

I am so excited! Though I really wanted to go to Jamaica this year I just couldn't sway DH, so Cancun it is :)

So any suggestions on which ruins to go to? There are so many that were not sure which would be the best one.

Re: We booked Cancun!

• sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woohoo!!
    We loved Chichen Itza!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! Which area did you guys decide on?
  • emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oo sounds so fun amber!! ive never been so im no help. but congrats!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!

Jojo- we are dividing our time between 2 hotels which I think they are both in the hotel zone. Here is where we are staying:

http://www.realresorts.com/The_Royal_Cancun/

and

http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/CancunPalace/Index.asp
  • edited December 2011
    They look really nice! Be sure to go to Playa Del Carmen where the shopping area is.. we liked that area a lot. I have a pic of us swinging on swings, eating dinner there :)
    The beach is awesome there, you are going to have so much fun!
  • edited December 2011
    found it!

• edited December 2011
    You should also do this :)

I haven't looked at these pictures in forever (I think it was 2007 that we went actually) and I miss this beach and this food! Laughing

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cute pictures jojo!!

• MarcellaMunozMarcellaMunoz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

For the beauty....Tulum

For the culture.....Chichen Itza or as my brother called it, chicken and pizza.

You will have a blast. It's a great place to go on vacation. Although I love Jamaica just a bit more. Maybe next year!!!!

• edited December 2011
    Jojo your pics are adorable and made me even more excited to go!

One of the hotels we are staying at has a bar with swings in it. Maybe its a Cancun thing. Sooooooooo excited :)

Marcella- I was REALLY pushing for Jamaica but DH loves Mexico. I think he would be perfectly happy with only going on vacation to Mexico for the rest of his life. We have even talked about buying a place down there. Maybe someday
  • hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have been dying to go to Cancun! I'm thinking we'll go there for our honeymoon, but not till June or July!

I hope you have a wonderful time Amber!
    Oh and I asked CM about the body and paint guy and she said she had some issues with hime so she's doesn't want to refer him but she'll ask her hubby of anyone he knows.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sv4338sv4338 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the pics Jojo!!!!
  • desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Have fun! OMG Im not trying to scare you, but I have this overwhelming urge to tell you to stay on the trail, and dont watch the movie 'The Ruins" That movie totally ruined any chance of a mexico trip for me.

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for asking her. Its so hard to find a decent paint and auto body place that works on vintage cars that is under $10,000. Its nuts :(  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the ruins was a weird movie!! 

• edited December 2011
    JEALOUS!!! Hope you have an amazing time :)

Cute pics- Jojo :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the warning but that kind of stuff doesnt really freak me out. We go to Mexico alot and the people down there always seem to think I am a local so I never get harassed *knocks on wood*
  • edited December 2011
    I want to goooooo! I'm jealous. FI is too scared to travel outside the us. So silly. He is going to have to get over that real quick.

• SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everytime I think of Cancun I think of Real World.  Dont ask me why LOL.  I have always wanted to go there...It sounds like so much fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • mariellernmariellern member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awesome! We just booked there as well!! Well- its about an hour south- Called Akumal...but we are right near the ruins which is awesome...when are you going??
    TheKnot.com
  • edited December 2011
    OMG Amberg if you haven't made up your mind you need to stay at the Royal.  We stayed there in January of this year and it was literally the best vacation we have ever taken.  They treat you like royalty.
    I have some pictues
    Enjoy!
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you post the pictures please. We're thinking of going this summer too just don't know where to stay.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards