Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon Resort Suggestions??

Hey everyone. So the fiance and I have been looking for a honeymoon spot. We've already looked at the different Sandals Resorts, but it's hard to narrow which resort down, plus I'm not 100% set on it. I also looked at the Couples Resorts, which look nice also.

My question is, which tropical resorts do you guys suggest?

If it's a Sandal's resort, which one and why did you like it?

If it's somewhere else, where and why?

Anything would be a big help. Thanks in advance!

Re: Honeymoon Resort Suggestions??

• Options
    That isa very broad question. There are thousands of resorts across the world! So, did you want to stick with the Caribbean? What is your budget? What types of things do you want the resorts to have? Any places you won't go? Time of year?

• Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-resort-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:9d519dfb-3c6d-4a19-87cc-497214b7a39fPost:c8c87934-6305-4de8-a72e-b4ecf54015fb">Re: Honeymoon Resort Suggestions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]That isa very broad question. There are thousands of resorts across the world! So, did you want to stick with the Caribbean? What is your budget? What types of things do you want the resorts to have? Any places you won't go? Time of year?
    Posted by Jells2dot0[/QUOTE]

<div>Sorry about that. I think we would prefer to stick with the Caribbean and it will be during mid to late summer. Also, we would really like the resort to be all inclusive. For our budget, we would prefer it to be as cheap as possible (definitely under 4 grand), but we want it to be beautiful, and safe. Basically, if we have to spend a lot, we want it to be worth it.</div>
  • Options
    You will get WAY more for your money by checking out other resorts than Sandals. I believe it's ver had to do Sandals or $4K or less. That being said, if you want adults only, definitely consider Couples. There is a new Couples opening in Barbados in June, so it's not just Jamaica. Also, check out Secrets Resorts (Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic), Excellence Resorts (Mexico and Dominican), and I believe a lot of others on here recommend Palace Resorts in Mexico. You will get the most for your money in the destinations listed above.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-resort-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:9d519dfb-3c6d-4a19-87cc-497214b7a39fPost:c8eca464-d6b7-48ad-bcd8-18019ad822e6">Re: Honeymoon Resort Suggestions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]You will get WAY more for your money by checking out other resorts than Sandals. I believe it's ver had to do Sandals or $4K or less. That being said, if you want adults only, definitely consider Couples. There is a new Couples opening in Barbados in June, so it's not just Jamaica. Also, check out Secrets Resorts (Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic), Excellence Resorts (Mexico and Dominican), and I believe a lot of others on here recommend Palace Resorts in Mexico. You will get the most for your money in the destinations listed above.
    Posted by Jells2dot0[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Alright, Thanks for the help, I'll check those out.</div>
  • Options
    We're doing Sandals for right at $2500 for a week with an upgraded room. But that's because I got a deal on Black Friday.  I wouldn't recommend them if you're paying full price.

But other than that I've got nothing - this is the first (and possibly only) time we are going to an AI, so it's going to be new for us as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-resort-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:9d519dfb-3c6d-4a19-87cc-497214b7a39fPost:fde21089-6f9a-4f4c-99e5-71dfd59ec20d">Re: Honeymoon Resort Suggestions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing Sandals for right at $2500 for a week with an upgraded room. But that's because I got a deal on Black Friday.  I wouldn't recommend them if you're paying full price. But other than that I've got nothing - this is the first (and possibly only) time we are going to an AI, so it's going to be new for us as well.
    Posted by hoffse[/QUOTE]

<div>Thats a really good deal. Out of curiousity, which resort did you choose?</div>
  • Options
    We're going to Sandals Whitehouse.  We wanted short flights (flying direct out of Atlanta), and we aren't big partiers so the whole resort hopping thing isn't our jam.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_honeymoon-resort-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:9d519dfb-3c6d-4a19-87cc-497214b7a39fPost:e2cb2ca1-006c-40e8-86f8-5529f783712e">Re: Honeymoon Resort Suggestions??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're going to Sandals Whitehouse.  We wanted short flights (flying direct out of Atlanta), and we aren't big partiers so the whole resort hopping thing isn't our jam.
    Posted by hoffse[/QUOTE]

<div>That was one of the ones I was really looking at. I didn't even consider distance of flight. Thanks.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards