Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Meal Choice

We need to give our venue a meal count.  My question is should we write on the car chicken or beef, or chicken and filet.  Also, vegeterian meal is available upon request.  Does this need to be included on the response card or will vegetarians let me know?

Re: Meal Choice

• Options
    I would be as descriptive as you can.    Beef could be hamburger.  Chicken could have a cream sauce and someone might be lactose intolerant.  Those descriptions will help people decide better.  

I would also put the vegetarian dish on the card.  Sometimes those dishes are more appealing to the meat-eaters.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    We have to notify our venue in advance also. 

I didn't want to give the meal choice on my invitations (especially since many of the invited guests were from far away and we sent the invites out extremely early). We are currently planning a duet plate. I know 1 vegatarian so I'm just letting her pick what she wants from the veg menu. If we have a lot of guests who come- the duet is going to be a little pricey so I was actually just considering asking people...like sending them the description by email a couple weeks before. I know that sounds mad but I can't think of any other way. 

There are some cute things I've seen on invitations though ..like little silouttes of fish, etc. If we go the letting them pick route- I'm dying to replicate those onto stickers for menu cards lol. 
  • Options
    We had limited space on our RSVP cards so we wrote "chicken piccatta" and "rosemary pork loin." Definitely be as descriptive as space allows. 

We have a "silent" vegetarian option (our venue will accommodate any allergies/special diets at no charge as long as it's less than 10% of our guest list). So we did not put that option on the RSVP card. We made a note of it on our wedding website and personally contacted all of the guests we knew who are vegetarians/have food allergies. But we only invited 115 people, so if you have a larger guest list that might not be practical.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_meal-choice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:ca02dd3a-cd55-479c-8b47-e83dac817efePost:a70490f5-8764-4ceb-877a-2a0535bb0c30">Re: Meal Choice</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree w/ Lynda. We did something like: __ peppercorn encrusted filet __ chicken Chesapeake (stuffed with crab) __ grilled salmon
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

Yup.  Ours went a little something like this:

__ Traditional Turkey Dinner
    __ Prime Rib
    __ Pasta Primavera
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I don't have a lot of room on mine, so I'm going with "Sliced Strip Loin" and "Stuffed Chicken Breast," then putting detailed descriptions on our website (along with pictures we took at the tasting, so people will know exactly what to expect).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So do you suggest adding both on the card or is it safe to assume if you are requesting a meal you are coming to the reception?

___ will attend ___ will not attend

and then also the meals

___chcken ___filet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards