September 2013 Weddings

TB Thursday

What do you have to AW about today?
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: TB Thursday

• edited October 2012
    We went for our second tasting last night at the caterer and I think I did a pretty good job picking out the menu!  ANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDD I've managed to get all of the big deposits down on everything right after the 1 year mark...not bad!  That was my goal...so I had a year to know EXACTLY what we needed to save.

HORS D’ŒUVRES (passed on Tray):
    - Leek Tart & Parmesan
    - Smoked Salmon, Sour Cream & Capers
    - Country side Paté & Cornichons
    - Brochette of Dates & Bacon

~~~~~~

POACHED PEAR, ROQUEFORT CHEESE & WALNUT
    Served on a bed of Mesclun salad
    in a fresh herbs Balsamic vinaigrette
    ~~~~~~

COMBINATION OF CHICKEN PAUPIETTE
    Filled with a mousse of Spinach, Corn & Hickory Ham
    Red wine mushroom cream Sauce
    and
     GRILLED BEEF FILET MIGNON
    Red wine mushroom  Sauce
    Served with Mashed Potato, Pea Pods, Carrots & Cherry Tomato
    Chicken Nuggets, Potato Chips & Ketchup (Kids ?)
    VEGETARIAN (?)
    Rotolo of spinach & Ricotta cheese/Plum Tomato & basil Sauce

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_tb-thursday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:862c4e42-b2eb-4922-bff4-77f3298afea8Post:ecff2aba-cd57-48f3-9410-048814b2ea83">Re: TB Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats a pretty awesome menu!!
    Posted by Love11506[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I don't know what a damn thing means, but I DO know it all tastest fantastic hahaha

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ellie that menu sounds fantastic! You are making me excited for our tasting! We are going to schedule it in November!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_tb-thursday-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:862c4e42-b2eb-4922-bff4-77f3298afea8Post:e0344194-0934-4c59-9718-bc34a03c4065">Re:TB Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ellie that menu sounds fantastic! You are making me excited for our tasting! We are going to schedule it in November!
    Posted by KSerafin17[/QUOTE]

i am so excited lol.  You will have so much fun!  Once you try everything, it makes dropping off a 3k deposit check not seem TOOOOOO bad lol

• KSerafin17KSerafin17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    You know what, I was just thinking that the other day...about how we have made all these deposits and plans, but have nothing to show for it yet haha! So id imagine the tasting will help with that! I also ordered a few STDs options with our epics that should come soon and that will make it feel more real too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I paid off my wedding dress last week Friday! Two months ahead of when I originally planned to pay it off! Wooo! It took a lot of cutting back on the little spending that I already do, but it's totally worth it to be ahead on my pay off plan. Next up DJ.

I also started working on some DIY ideas. 

We originally weren't going to have one, but a family friend had one that they gave to us for free! My sister has a bunch of fabric paint because she's been painting Disney Toms and said that I could use some. So we think we're going to have this painted on it (Toy Story is FI's favorite Disney movie):

And my gramma had a box she used to use as a sewing box that she said we can tear the fabric off and do what ever we want with it. For the card box I found this on Etsy, but it was sold awhlie ago and out of budget anyway.

Apparently the words on top are just a scrapbooking sticker.

I found it on ebay! With the free box I'll hopefully be sticking to under $10 for the whole thing!
     :)

~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I booked my hair and makeup yesterday and got some great suggestions.  And the DJ got our deposit.  We have most of the "major" stuff booked and I'm excited to keep checking things off the list.

Our tasteing isn't until next May.  Not cool!
  • I've put $4.5M on the books in a week and a half - hello, Christmas bonus :)  I'm seriously considering taking off tomorrow - pushing out these numbers has me fried.  Now I'm officially going to skip the timeshare honeymoon and splurge on a Caribbean all-inclusive, though I have no idea where yet.  I'll let FI think we're still doing the timeshare though; this will be my wedding gift to him :):):)

My son asked for "leche" this morning, so the Spanish is paying off.  Go mom.

I have nothing wedding to report.  Bad bride lol

Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
  • Tomorrow my FI and I are taking off work and spending the day together. :-)  I also plan on doing the application process to refinance my home.  I've been quoted as saving about a $100/month so that's more money in the wedding fund as far as I'm concerned. 

We also got a new furbaby last weekend: an 8 week old ferret we named Jelli.  She is so darn small and adorable I can barely take it.  She just curls up on me while I'm watching tv at night and goes to sleep on my lap. 

We're now up to two australian shepherds and two ferrets.  We are done. 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I also just finalized our wedding invitations on Vistaprint on my lunch hour!  I used a 50% off code w/ free shipping & handling from RetailMeNot and the $17 for $70 worth from Groupon.  My invitations, reply cards, envelopes and matching stickers just cost me $50 ($77 if you count the Groupon).  I'm stoked!!  :-) 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Scored my bridesmaid dresses on sale !! Went back to the website last night and the price went back up. With this we saved about 150.00 I'm so glad we went ahead and brought them !!!
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • KSerafin17KSerafin17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I just decided that im going to look at a wedding ring I saw online today after work! Its been a long week and I need a pick me up! Also I found a florist I love, but he is about 800 over budget. After stressing about it for two weeks, FI told me if this is what I want, that's what ill get and he has it covered...ahhhh LOVE HIM!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What a deal!!!

In Response to Re:TB Thursday:[QUOTE]I also just finalized our wedding invitations on Vistaprint on my lunch hour!nbsp; I used a 50 off code w/ free shipping amp; handling from RetailMeNot and the 17 for 70 worth from Groupon.nbsp; My invitations, reply cards, envelopes and matching stickers just cost me 50 77 if you count the Groupon.nbsp; I'm stoked!!nbsp; :nbsp; Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ellie your menu is boss!  I love it!!  But I need a bit of advice.  When should me and my FI do our tasting?  I don't know when it should be scheduled.  Everyone is doing such wonderful things.  It's nice how everything is coming together.  We won't order our invites until January because I was told that was when a sale was happening at the place we chose.  I've got pretty much everything else covered but the cake.  And I guess I should look for little things like a card box, guest bags, etc. eventually.  Wow, wow, wow, I still remember when this board first started and no one had anything much done and we all kind of felt laid back.  I think things are starting to heat up though and it's nice to go through all of this and be able to compare my progress so thanks!
  • I like it , nice one!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards