Rhode Island
Options

Accomodations in Newport/Middletown- reasonable price and no 2 night min?

Hi ladies!  I am trying to find hotels/motels in Newport or Middletown for guest accomodations.  Everywhere I call seems to have a 2 night minimum and I know that we have guests who are only coming for one night.  Any ideas where to stay that does not have a 2 night minimum?  Also, I cannot seem to find a place that is less than $150 per night, and I know that many of our guests cannot afford this.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Re: Accomodations in Newport/Middletown- reasonable price and no 2 night min?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This was a big concern for my wedding. There really aren't any decent hotels that fit that bill. There are places like the Travelodge and Motel 6 but I wasn't satisfied with that as an option. I ended up setting up a block in Wesport, MA at the Hampton Inn. I also arranged for a bus to pick up and take my guests to the wedding. The bus cost less than $300. A decent amount of my guests opted to stay out in Westport being that they were only staying the one night. My cheapest room block in Middletown was at the HOJO for $167 a night.
  • Options
    kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you check out the Royal Plaza in Middletown?  I got married this past August and they had a rate for $175 for one night and $155 for two nights.  All my guest were very happy there.  It is under new ownership, the same folks who own ABC Club, Comfort Inn, etc.  They opened a restaurant in the hotel .  Good luck!
  • Options
    amygirl78amygirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Did you check with the Venue that you are getting married at? Sometimes they have connections w/ local Hotels nearby that might omit the 2 night min.

• Options
    DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Vanderbilt Inn in Newport
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have a block at Holiday Inn Express in Middletown (about 7-8 min. drive into Newport).  We just stayed there this past weekend when we were in town for our tasting.  They did not require a 2 night minimum and blocked 10 rooms till 30 days before wedding date - and will add more if the 10 rooms book.  The hotel was basic, no frills, but clean/odor free.  It's sufficient for a decent night's sleep and location is not bad.  There were a lot of kids there when we stayed, but that might have been due to fact it was President's weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards