Pre-wedding Parties

Looking for shower ideas

I recently got married, and at my bridal shower, my bridesmaids had hung a clothesline of different lingerie and read a lingerie poem - each girl took a turn "presenting" me with a different piece of lingerie as dictated in the poem. It was really sweet and cute...

I'm the MOH for my best friend's wedding and I'd like to come up with some type of poem/presentation similar to this, but I don't want to do the exact same thing because she was one of my bridesmaids, so she's already seen it. Does anyone have any cute ideas or things they've done/seen at other showers??

Appreciate your comments!!!

Re: Looking for shower ideas

• I don't know if this is necessarily what you're thinking, but one of my friends put together the best present at my bachelorette party, which could definitely be used for a group of people giving the gifts.  She wrapped up four different boxes and each one had a little note on it that was something like this...

A subtle hint for Dan (in that box was a sweet and more demure piece of lingerie)
    A not so subtle hint for Dan (in that box was a little bit more risque lingerie)
    Dan has to be stupid to miss this (that box was another more scandalous piece of lingerie with stockings and garter belt)
    Sorry, Dan. It's not happening. (in that last box was a pair of footsy pj's for me, which got a hilarious reaction!)

Instead of the wording she used, you could find different song titles that went along with it too. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_looking-shower-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:c4ebd208-c5c7-438e-8b31-48c4632d3d71Post:fdf7927f-3d69-4f65-bdea-465ce21edc27">Re: Looking for shower ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if this is necessarily what you're thinking, but one of my friends put together the best present at my bachelorette party, which could definitely be used for a group of people giving the gifts.  She wrapped up four different boxes and each one had a little note on it that was something like this... A subtle hint for Dan (in that box was a sweet and more demure piece of lingerie) A not so subtle hint for Dan (in that box was a little bit more risque lingerie) Dan has to be stupid to miss this (that box was another more scandalous piece of lingerie with stockings and garter belt) Sorry, Dan. It's not happening. (in that last box was a pair of footsy pj's for me, which got a hilarious reaction!) Instead of the wording she used, you could find different song titles that went along with it too. 
    Posted by saric83[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I'm usually not a fan of lingerie shower games, but this is adorable! What a cute idea :) I love those PJs!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards