Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower Themes

I saw my FMIL today and we were talking about my shower that will happen this summer.  She is planning a coed shower and loves themes...as do I.  She wanted my input because she wants it to be something I like.  She asked my opinion for themes and honestly I have no idea where to begin, I know I'm not responsible for planning it, and other than giving her a few ideas of themes I like I don't think I'll be involved at all.  So any good theme ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridal Shower Themes

• Options
    McKenna2012McKenna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does there need to be a theme? Are you talking about a theme for decorations, or a theme for gifts? Some people have "recipe" showers or "entertainment" showers or something like that. If it's a theme for decorations, I say skip the theme b/c that feels like a child's birthday party to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh good question.  Theme for decorations, food, etc... She wants a theme and says in her family they always do themes.  I trust that they will do a good job and not make it like a child's birthday party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      I know my FMIL is taking my love for animal prints and using that as my theme. I know she got me animal print lingerie and a bathing suit from VS as well thanks to my FSIL. It is a girls only shower though so I wouldn't really recommend it for co-ed. For all I know my shower will be tacky but its not mine to plan so I will just smile no matter what.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take something that you really like.... places, cooking, hobbies, eras and do that!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kgorman307kgorman307 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH is planning a Mexican Fiesta-themed shower because she's adorable and loves themes. She told me that when she spoke with my mom, until she mentioned the words Sangria and Margarita my mom thought she was totally nuts.

I don't know many details but my sister is planning on making Mexican wedding cookies, which are my favorite - and I adore Mexican food. So I'm psyched!

It's definitely not for everyone, but I think it's possible to have a theme without being tacky. Nobody has to dress up or wear sombreros and it's not like there will  be a piñata or ridiculous decorations.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DD's shower had a dessert/wine/lemonade menu, and was loosely (very loosely) themed "Love is Sweet".
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love theme parties. My maid of honor is planning my party and I wanted a theme for the shower. We decided just to do a light theme- we are doing a tea party and everything will be purple. For our rehearsal dinner we are doing a tropical theme. 
    Some other themes:
    -A night in Paris
    - Mardi Gras
    - Beach/Tropical
    - Tea party
    - Southwestern
    - Modern Asian
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my shower is this summer too! and my MOH is doing a brunch theme so we can start it no later than noon, since it will be outside at her house, and it gets soo warm in souther california in the summer! we will do mimosa's and bellinis and have fruit and quiches, danishes and croissants and other fun stuff. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards