Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

How much jewelry is too much??

I'm trying to figure out what jewelry to get for my dress (pic below). I'm thinking that I would like earrings, a necklace, bracelet, and possibly a hair comb. How do you know how much jewelry is too much??

Re: How much jewelry is too much??

• Options
    I think with that dress, less is more for your jewelry. It's very pretty and has lots of detail already. If you choose the right pieces of jewelry and hair comb, you could probably get away with everything, but I'd try to pick more delicate jewelry so that it enhances your outfit and not become distracting from you or the dress.
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am not a fan of necklaces with beaded or intricately laced/embroidered wedding dresses.  I think if you went with simple earrings (either studs or very simple chandeliers), a banging bracelet and a nice hair comb that would be plenty with your dress...which is gorgeous by the way!

• Options
    You girls have been so much help - thank you!! Smile
  • Options
    I agree with Maggie, you probably don't need a necklace since you have a lot of embellishment on the top of the dress. Some simple earrings, bracelet and hair comb would look awesome.
  • Options

My dress had a lot of beading on the bust so I stuck to earrings (which you can see in my sig pic) and a sparkly hair comb. That was it and it felt like just the right amount.

I wouldn't go with more than 2 pieces. With a dress like that I'd probably avoid a bracelet simply because it will probably snag the fabric.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Use the Coco Chanel rule- put everything you want to wear on then take one piece off before leaving the house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with PPs... if your dress was super plain on top, a big statement necklace would make sense.  But with your dress, earrings and a hair comb will not distract your guests from looking at your gorgeous gown!

Also, I agree about the bracelet snagging... if your gown is silk, you may want to consider wrapping the stems of your bouquet too. 
  • Options
    I'm struggling with the same thing. My dress is very plain and I thought about wearing a bracelet, necklace, earrings, and hair comb. Instead I'm going without the bracelet and keeping the jewelry simple. I think no necklace for you, but a hair comb, earrings, and nice bracelet will work well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm struggling with the same thing. My dress is very plain and I thought about wearing a bracelet, necklace, earrings, and hair comb. Instead I'm going without the bracelet and keeping the jewelry simple. I think no necklace for you, but a hair comb, earrings, and nice bracelet will work well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You may go choker necklace with studs and bracelet... or dangle earrings with bracelet. If you are going for bun, you may go for crystal hair pins. For untied hair, you may try tiara..
  • Options
    My rule of thumb is I want people's initial impression to be I look so pretty, not that my necklace/tiara/earrings are so pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards