Christian Weddings
Options

NJ/NY Christian DJ needed!!!!!

Please help me find a good DJ that only plays clean music.  Knowledge of Latin music a definate plus!

Re: NJ/NY Christian DJ needed!!!!!

• Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

I would post this on your local boards as well. Hopefully someone here will have a recommendation for you but since it's an international board there are girls from around the country that post here.

Good luck! :D

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Google and meeting with different DJ's is going to be your best bet. Your church might also have some recommendations, but I would post on your local board. GL!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The other girls have already given you suggestions on how to find someone... I will add that good DJs follow your requests and wishes while they work for you.  So even if they aren't a Christian DJ, they can certainly play whatever music you like, and will avoid any music or type of music you put on a "do not play" list -- just make sure you make it clear to him what you want and don't want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, I hired a DJ for my wedding that was not necessarily a Christian DJ (I've never heard of such a creature, lol) and our reception was in a church sanctuary.  I made that clear to him, gave him an extensive list of "must-play" and "possibly-play" songs that were clean or Christian, and asked him not to play certain things.  This particular DJ was "clean" anyway, meaning that they bleep out all curse words even at secular weddings.  I had a GREAT experience with him.  Just make your expectations clear in the interviews before you hire one.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • Options
    catwinecatwine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    call some local Christian radio stations you like and see if they hire out their DJS
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_njny-christian-dj-needed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:e3120ebc-6d67-49f7-a215-aa9283bcf1b4Post:21006cc5-228a-4d24-9833-a3ff7b7dcf9f">Re: NJ/NY Christian DJ needed!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]call some local Christian radio stations you like and see if they hire out their DJS
    Posted by christinavy[/QUOTE]
    Oooh.. this is a good idea!!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to NJ/NY Christian DJ needed!!!!!:
    I am a Christian DJ. My knowledge of latin music is weak but if you have some I can mix it in. I have a nice selection of danceable Christian music and non offensive secular danceable music. I have all JBL audio gear (top of the line). my strong points are music selection and DJ mixing ability. I am probably the most experienced DJ in NJ. I was named one of the best mixing DJ's in the US. My number is 609 334-1208. DJ Salt
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards