Wedding Party

5 groomsmen 2 bridesmaids nightmare

I am losing it! I asked 4 of my closest friends to be my groomsmen and also added my fiance's brother since she had five bridesmaids. They all where on top of there game, bought tickets and there tux's. My fiance had a nightmare with her bridesmaids, they kept missing the dates to buy there dresses and in the middle of all the drama 3 are no longer part of the wedding. What can i do i dont want my friends to have to walk by themselves, and i dont want any of them not to be in the wedding since they have already bought there tux's. help me please.

aaron

Re: 5 groomsmen 2 bridesmaids nightmare

• don't change anything.  You shouldn't kick anyone out and she shouldn't replace anyone.  You could always have her brother stand on her side if you want things to look a little more balanced, but it will still be fine with 5 and 2

I'm also curious if your FI's being a little bridezilla that they're all dropping out, but if they don't buy the dress there's not much you can do....
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2012
    For our wedding we had 5 groomsmen and 2 bridesmaids.  The best man and maid of honor walked together, the other bridesmaid walked with two groomsmen and the last two groomsmen just walked together.  It all worked out fine and no one really cared.  (Oh, this was only for the recessional, for the processional all the guys were already up at the alter and only the BMs walked down the aisle)

Keep everything the way it is.  You shouldn't have asked people just to be even with your FI but seeing as that ship has sailed, just keep the people that you have.  I do have to agree with PP that your FI may be a bit of a bridezilla because that is a lot of girls to just drop out, but if they didn't get the dress then there really isn't anything you can do.

• aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_5-groomsmen-2-bridesmaids-nightmare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:aec761c7-9a0b-46ae-bea1-53f5fef1d15aPost:0f6b60d9-8a06-4fe7-88f9-fbefe414456e">5 groomsmen 2 bridesmaids nightmare</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am losing it! I asked 4 of my closest friends to be my groomsmen and also added my fiance's brother since she had five bridesmaids. They all where on top of there game, bought tickets and there tux's. My fiance had a nightmare with her bridesmaids, they kept missing the dates to buy there dresses and in the middle of all the drama 3 are no longer part of the wedding. What can i do i dont want my friends to have to walk by themselves, and i dont want any of them not to be in the wedding since they have already bought there tux's. help me please. aaron
    Posted by aaronwhat22[/QUOTE]
    The nightmare here sounds like the person you're marrying.  You might want to take a closer look at your relationship before committing to spend the rest of your life with someone who treats her supposedly closest friends as expendable props over two yards of fabric worn for six hours.

Uneven sides are fine.  There are billions of ways to do it.  Shove 'em out the church doors and let them figure it out.  It's a minor detail.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I'd just have all the guys at the front at the beginning, and let the girls walk down on their own.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • our groomsmen didnt walk down the aisle at the beginning...they walked in with my DH and waited up there with him. They walked out with the BMs but our sides were uneven too so some of the dudes just walked together.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_5-groomsmen-2-bridesmaids-nightmare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:aec761c7-9a0b-46ae-bea1-53f5fef1d15aPost:0f6b60d9-8a06-4fe7-88f9-fbefe414456e">5 groomsmen 2 bridesmaids nightmare</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am losing it! I asked 4 of my closest friends to be my groomsmen and also added my fiance's brother since she had five bridesmaids. They all where on top of there game, bought tickets and there tux's. My fiance had a nightmare with her bridesmaids, they kept missing the dates to buy there dresses and in the middle of all the drama 3 are no longer part of the wedding. What can i do i <strong>dont want my friends to have to walk by themselves</strong>, and i dont want any of them not to be in the wedding since they have already bought there tux's. help me please. aaron
    Posted by aaronwhat22[/QUOTE]

The horror!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_5-groomsmen-2-bridesmaids-nightmare?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:aec761c7-9a0b-46ae-bea1-53f5fef1d15aPost:22e2eeac-26ea-4a98-8fac-3e4924c87333">Re: 5 groomsmen 2 bridesmaids nightmare</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 5 groomsmen 2 bridesmaids nightmare : The nightmare here sounds like the person you're marrying.  You might want to take a closer look at your relationship before committing to spend the rest of your life with someone who treats her supposedly closest friends as expendable props over two yards of fabric worn for six hours. Uneven sides are fine.  There are billions of ways to do it.  Shove 'em out the church doors and let them figure it out.  It's a minor detail.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

<span style="line-height:115%;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';color:#1f1f1f;font-size:8.5pt;"> it never ceases to amaze me what bitches people on this forum can be. How can you say something like that about someone you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about and know nothing about the situation?<span>  </span>Wow. What a catch this one is..</span>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards