September 2013 Weddings

Registry Question/Poll

How many of ya'll have registered/will be soon?  Also interested as to where you have/are planning on doing it.  My FI and I have talked about doing it "soon" but maybe we should look into it more.  Trying to get a couple things out of the way, but maybe stuff will be discontinued? Don't have many married friends so trying to test out the waters on this one.  Any advice/help/info is welcome!

Re: Registry Question/Poll

• I've thought about it, but decided I don't really want to spend my time the next few months updating and sorting throught discontinued items and what not. It was reccomended to me to register before Christmas, that way we can recieve things as Holiday gifts. I probably won't register until right before we send out STDs, which I planned to do in Jan. or Feb. (We've got a few OOTs that might need to plan).

We plan to register at Kohls and Target. Those are the stores we shop most frequently, so we obviously like there merchandise.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are registering at Macys, Crate and Barrel and I'm thinking The Container Store!  FI built a house and furnished the thing top to bottom so the list of registry items will be limited (of course we will register for newer better items) so The Container Store will be a good option for us because there is a lot of organizational things there!

Prob will do it after the holidays...I'm thinking Feb/March 

***Sept 2013 Jan. Siggy Challange - Bouquet Inspiration!***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies, I appreciate the input!  I'm getting my rear in gear about all this wedding stuff I think.  The registry can wait a bit though I guess.  I'll just focus on the STDs and invites :)
  • You dont want to do it to early...places do seasonal things and then when people go to buy things they are no longer in stock.  Now things like dishes and what not those you should be okay with for now.  I just know I had tons of problems with this my last go around and have also had a few friends who had problems.  (biggest prob spot Target) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Alrighty then, I will tamp down my fervor a while longer :)
  • I love Target but will not be registering there due to the return policy.  I guess running the front end and dealing with angry brides/mommies for a few years soured me, and that was before the policies even became what they are now.

That said, probably BBB, Macy's and Kohl's but that won't be until a little after Christmas.  My parents and FILs have asked for access to my QVC wish list - they know me so well, total QVC junkie haha!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards