March 2013 Weddings
Options

Cake Tasting

Next week we have our cake tasting (i hope, the bakery still does not have power from Sandy).  And I am kind of on the edge.  I really dont know what to expect and what's worse is that I have no clue/vision.  I dont know what direction hubbie and I want to go to.  He says we should just get there and let them map it.  For me, I want to have some ideas and not look like an idiot while we are there.

Any advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake Tasting

• Options

This is one section I lucked out, we are doing cupcakes so all i had to do was pick the flavors i wanted.
    But before that was decided i started saving photos of some designs and looks i liked. I planned on just showing them a couple photos. Maybe bring a swatch if you plan on adding color?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Print some cake ideas out that catch your eye and bring them with you! I have my cake tasting 11/16 and I really dont know what I am looking for with flavors or a look. My cake is included in my wedding package and I have heard great things about the vendor...Konditor Meister out of Braintree MA so I am super happy about the rave reviews!

Let us know how you make out!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We had our cake tasting this past Saturday and it was great. I brought along my laptop and showed the baker the designs I liked, I told him what our vision was and he came up with the perfect design even incorporating elements of my wedding dress into it....as for flavors they had us sample 9 with 9 differnt fillings we ended up with a four tier cake with four different flavors.....my advice would be to be prepared and have some idea of what you want, you can even do a search here on the Knot, where there are some really nice ones , but most importantly enjoy the experience because its super fun! Oh and think about buttercream vs fondant. Personally I don't like fondant but my baker happens to work wonders with buttercream making it look like fondant so we are happy about that....good luck....
  • Options
    naybay407naybay407 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2012
    Konditor Meister makes awesome cakes Candice! I'm sure you'll be satisfied, I'm a former resident of Massachusetts and if I was getting married there that's where id be getting my cake from!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards